Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed my Peragon Cover - Extremely Impressed

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 05:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed my Peragon Cover - Extremely Impressed

Hey Guys,

I know this topic has been posted a couple of times, but I wanted to share my experience with my purchase.

A couple of weeks ago I joined the forum, after purchasing my silver Fx2, and just wanted to see what the general public was doing to their trucks. What I found on this site was a wealth of knowledge, suggestions, and options. One of the topics I began looking into was bed covers. After reading this forum and other places, I chose to go with the Peragon cover due to the design, ease of taking it out of the bed it needed, and the customer service posts.

I had sent Heath a couple of PMs about the cover, and he messaged me back extremely quickly, sometimes in the late hours of the night. So after hearing what I needed, I purchased the bed and couldn't be happier. It really looks like it belongs on the truck as if it was made for it (my wife said the same thing). It looks great and was relatively easy to install. I had seen a couple of posts about water getting into the bed, and let me tell you, I parked on the roof of my work's garage the other day, with a downpour that was ridiculous, and I ran out to see if any water got in the truck out of curiosity. I would say that the amount of water would equal a Dixie cup worth. I was impressed.

If you do order this great cover, double and triple check your measurements when drilling as the rails are very snug to the tail-bed. Also, the panels were pretty rough to pull toward the back of the bed for awhile, but upon further review, I had put the panels a little too close to the inside of the bed, causing the bearings to get somewhat stuck to the sides of the rails. Once I did some widening, the panels move back and forth like butter. Also, I got a call from Roger in the troubleshooting department that weekend asking if I had any questions (really impressive customer service)

The only, and I mean ONLY thing that I haven't figured out is that the seal of the panel closest to the lock looks like it is a little high, almost like its not set in all the way. I was hoping this would work its way back down after some use (Heath - Any ideas?).

Here are some pics of my truck with the cover. Note that I'm not a professional photographer and these are from my phone, so I don't think they do the cover its justice. Tell me what ya'll think.

Heath / Peragon - I just wanted to let you guys know that I appreciate your product and the help you have offered. Many thanks from an impressed customer.
Attached Thumbnails Installed my Peragon Cover - Extremely Impressed-imag0176.jpg   Installed my Peragon Cover - Extremely Impressed-imag0177.jpg   Installed my Peragon Cover - Extremely Impressed-imag0178.jpg   Installed my Peragon Cover - Extremely Impressed-imag0187.jpg  
Old 10-30-2011, 09:50 PM
Ford Fan

Very nice!!! I myself just purchased the Peragon cover for my 2011 FX2, and am very impressed... First by the design, Second at the ease of installation. I will post a product review and pics soon. Looks Great!!!
Old 10-31-2011, 01:34 PM
sleeping on the job

awesome, liking this cover more and more every day
Old 10-31-2011, 08:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How are these covers for waterproofing your bed's? I want a good cover that is as air tight as possible and the same for around my tailgate.

Is this going to be the best option for me? I love its looks and certainly has me interested
Old 10-31-2011, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Smoke Eater
How are these covers for waterproofing your bed's? I want a good cover that is as air tight as possible and the same for around my tailgate.

Is this going to be the best option for me? I love its looks and certainly has me interested
They are not designed to be waterproof. Mine drips into the bed.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:44 PM
Boost :)

Received 440 Likes on 328 Posts

Yeah none of these style covers are going to be waterproof. The only ones that really are will be the hard cover fiberglass style that cover the entire bed and rail caps as well. The fold up and roll up types generally will prevent most water, but will not be fully waterproof. Mine leaks only slight at the front corners of the bed and I get a little at the tailgate seal as well. 95% of the bed stays dry, but it's only rained twice here in TX since I got it so I don't have much rain/water experience with it yet.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:00 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I really won't be putting too much in the bed of my truck any ways but just wanted to see.

Is there really a difference between this Peragon cover and the "backflip" model i've heard about? i've seen pictures but to me they just look the same
Old 11-01-2011, 11:12 PM

Have you watched the videos of both covers? Go on Peragon's site and watch their cover in motion. They even have a flash interface that allows you to open and close it with your mouse. The Peragon actually slides down into the bed at the front where the BakFlip folds up top and against the back window.

Some of the other differences include the BakFlip usually needs the tailgate open to open and close the cover (not everyone experiences this), it sits right down in between the bed rails almost un-noticeable, and is quite prone to small dents and hail issues. At least this seems to be the reviews out there that I've seen.

The Peragon keeps your view open and unobstructed even when the cover is fully open as it sits down in the bed. It takes up 6-10" of bed space when fully opened, and can be removed in less than 15 seconds if you have to have that extra space. Lastly, the tailgate position has no effect on the cover itself.

There are lots of videos out there of both covers in action and various reviews. If you look around, you will find out pretty quick that there are some pretty big differences.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:43 AM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

It sounds like a leaker. Too bad they didn't incorporate a drainage system in the rails to reduce the H2O.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by hrdude
It sounds like a leaker. Too bad they didn't incorporate a drainage system in the rails to reduce the H2O.
They didn't need to put drains in the rails because the rails don't catch water at all. The design of the rails keeps that from happening. The BakFlip has the drains because due to its design, some water will collect there.

Water is going to find its way in on any of these covers. There is no way to fully waterproof it unless you want to silicon up the rail seals and even then there might still be some leak. A rubber seal against a plastic or metal piece is going to have some water get through at some point. It's a consequence of any of these type of covers.

Quick Reply: Installed my Peragon Cover - Extremely Impressed