Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I boards or other running boards.

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2016, 12:37 AM

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Default I boards or other running boards.

My new Scab has 20 inch wheels which are a bit of a stretch for me at 5'11" and even more so for my bride, who is 5'8". I've been looking at running boards.
I want something simple, non obtrusive. My truck is white and, as an XL, has little chrome do I'm not looking for shiny nerf bars.
I like the looks of the four inch wide IBoards. All black matte, made of aircraft aluminum. Really good price. No drill install.

Anyone have this product? What do you think about it? Pictured is the model with shiny aluminum and black rubber step. I prefer all black.

Old 09-01-2016, 03:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Kensterfly;4915977]My new Scab has 20 inch wheels which are a bit of a stretch for me at 5'11" and even more so for my bride, who is 5'8". I've been looking at running boards.
I want something simple, non obtrusive. My truck is white and, as an XL, has little chrome do I'm not looking for shiny nerf bars.
I like the looks of the four inch wide IBoards. All black matte, made of aircraft aluminum. Really good price. No drill install.

Anyone have this product? What do you think about it? Pictured is the model with shiny aluminum and black rubber step. I prefer all black.

[/QUOTE

I would suggest going a little bigger than 4" for the step bar because its going to look skinny when its installed on the truck. My truck came with the stock running board and switch them out for 5" and it looks so much better.

The ones I have on the truck are 6" wide. tell me what you think.
Attached Images   
Old 09-01-2016, 03:33 PM

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

I've looked at several but I think I prefer a lower profile. Not necessarily wanting them to be seen, just useful.
Old 09-02-2016, 04:20 AM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I had the 4" I Boards in black and I liked them. Got in an accident where a car hit me from the drivers door to the rear wheel and there was hardly a mark on it. The only downside to them is the brackets, they fit nice but are shaped where they hang down and all the rocks seem to hit them even with mud flaps. And when driving through water it makes a drone sound on them. I'm about the same height as you and have big feet (size 13) and once I was used to them I really liked them.

Quick Reply: I boards or other running boards.