Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hard Folding Bed Covers

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 06:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hard Folding Bed Covers

I'm new to this forum and was hoping to get a group response to this post to help me decide on which would be the best bed cover for me. I cannot decide on which bed cover to purchase and of what material, aluminum or fiberglass. I was looking at the Bakflip G2, Undercover Flex, or Bakflip Fibermax. Any opinions would be appreciated.
Old 02-28-2017, 06:53 AM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

Posted many times. I strongly recommend you go to a site like AutoAnything and read their buying guides. Good information there, and product reviews on their site. Everyone's needs are different, and you need to decide what features you need. For example, some can be walked on, or have heavy loads put on them, some cannot. Some are made to quickly come off, some are not.
The following users liked this post:
AutoAnything (02-28-2017)
Old 02-28-2017, 07:47 AM

Ya I'm not planning on putting any load on top of he bed cover. Just looking for a quick access cover that is fairly water resistant and allows full bed access as far a bed length goes. Thank you for the input. I will check out site after work today.
Old 02-28-2017, 02:46 PM
Your Mod Superstore!

Received 167 Likes on 151 Posts

Feel free to shoot me a PM with questions anytime!
Old 02-28-2017, 10:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricktwuhk
Posted many times. I strongly recommend you go to a site like AutoAnything and read their buying guides. Good information there, and product reviews on their site. Everyone's needs are different, and you need to decide what features you need. For example, some can be walked on, or have heavy loads put on them, some cannot. Some are made to quickly come off, some are not.
I've had the Undercover style 2" thick fibreglass
http://tonneauoutlaw.com/i-1707377-u...ight-duty.html
which you could walk on and I've recently had the Ford and BakFlip style tri-fold covers.
The tri folds are nice, easily stowable and definitely a one person operation. They allow your to adjust how much of your bed is exposed and are very light weight.
Con - easily dented by hail and/or other items.

The Undercover can be installed and removed with one person, but I wouldn't advise on a windy day or you and the 6 foot sail you're holding may end up in Kansas with Dorothy and Toto.
Old 02-28-2017, 11:09 PM

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

My bakflip fiberglass cover is Awesome. It is highly water resistant, strong enough to sit on when folded (not that I do sit on it), and when I fold it to the back window it doubles as a window protector when tossing dirt and debris in the bed. Ive had mine for almost 4 years and it has held up well. Highly recommend them. It also comes off without tools and can be carried by one person when you want to remove to put something that needs to lean against the front of the truck bed.

https://bakflip.com/shop-bak/bakflip...eau-cover.html

Rollback covers have a tendency to fill with snow and ice in the winter if you are considering them. They also take up about 10" of your bed with the canister and are heavier to remove when you need the whole bed. They look better though and in summer are pretty nifty to use. My dad has the bak industries rollbak.
https://bakflip.com/bak-rollbak-tonneau-cover.html

Last edited by Kkline; 02-28-2017 at 11:14 PM.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:20 PM

Received 178 Likes on 154 Posts

just installed a bak mx4 and i love it.
Old 03-01-2017, 01:08 PM

Ya I've been looking at the mx4. I'm going to check prices out tonight.
Old 03-01-2017, 10:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd recommend the MX4. Also recently had the Solid Fold 2.0, and posted my thoughts between the two.

If you go MX4, definitely PM AutoAnything for a quote.
The following users liked this post:
AutoAnything (03-02-2017)
Old 03-02-2017, 08:56 PM

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

The LINE-X branded one (whatever they call it) is the only one that I know of that has lifetime warranty. It's either like the Fibermax or MX4, not sure.