Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gotts mod question

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 01:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gotts mod question

I've got a 2009 5.4L and decided to try out the air box mod the other weekend and something's not right. I took the negative cable off and completed the mod using the snorkel from a 2011. The fit is exact just that it has a larger diameter intake. I waited about an hour and hooked the battery back up and went for a spin. Seems like its sucked all the power out of the motor, especially in the mid range which from what I read is where you're supposed to notice a small difference.

I've read varying threads some claiming you don't need to reset the ECU, others saying you do. I figured it couldn't hurt so I unhooked it. Nothing seems to have reset though. The clock, bluetooth, radio stations, nothing reset. Is there a way to actually reset the ECU, or could I have done something else wrong?

Thanks
Old 04-22-2015, 09:58 PM

Received 2,527 Likes on 1,951 Posts

• no E/PCM reset is necessary.
  • any power gain/loss is perceived. e.g. not real
What is real is the intake growl.
Old 04-23-2015, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I pulled the negative again last night then switched the lights on and pumped the brakes a few times as I read in another thread. Left it for about 45 mins and plugged it back in. This time the radio reset. The next morning I followed Ford's Battery re-learn process and drove to work. At the very least it's back to normal now. Power is back. Don't really noticed much difference in the sound but I haven't had the opportunity to step on it yet.
Old 04-24-2015, 08:07 AM

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Quick Reply: Gotts mod question