Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front level kit and rear block?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2016, 03:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Front level kit and rear block?

Ok, so I'm some new to this... I thought I understood what the leveling kit did, but reading some posts, now I'm not sure.

So my understanding is that you would install a leveling kit, say 2" or 2.5" spacers, in the front to bring the front end upto level with the back end of your truck. But I keep seeing posts where people say they added a "2.5 front kit with a 2" rear block". What does that do? Wouldn't that just make it un-level again? It seems it would, but in the pictures, the trucks look level.

I wanted to level mine enough to get 33" tires on it but I also pull a 3000lbs boat. So from what I read in the FAQ, I should do a 2" spacer in the front. Is that right? Or do I need this rear block thing too?

Can someone fill me in please?
Old 04-14-2016, 08:11 PM
Trying to figure it out!

Received 677 Likes on 494 Posts

You're correct in everything.

It may look level I the picture with a 2.5" front and a block in the rear but it will not be. The back will be taller.
Old 04-15-2016, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Scott91370
You're correct in everything.

It may look level I the picture with a 2.5" front and a block in the rear but it will not be. The back will be taller.
So then what's the point in the rear block? is it just to maintain the factory angles and therefore reduce wear while still allowing larger tires? or is it because if you tow anything, it compresses the rear and would then rub on large tires, so the extra block gives more clearance? or both?

lol. so it sounds like maybe i would need both.
Old 04-15-2016, 09:14 AM
Trying to figure it out!

Received 677 Likes on 494 Posts

Could be a little of both or could be some people like the look. We did one on a friends truck and the block and front lift were designed so the truck sat level.
Old 04-15-2016, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Scott91370
Could be a little of both or could be some people like the look. We did one on a friends truck and the block and front lift were designed so the truck sat level.

Ah... Well I like the level look. I would just want to make sure that if I put on 33" tires and I was towing the boat it wouldn't cause any clearance issues on the rear. I wouldn't *think* it would though... It's only a 3000lbs boat and it's a tandem axle trailer. I don't think the tongue weight is that much really.
Old 04-15-2016, 09:45 AM
Beer, Boats, and Trucks.

Received 603 Likes on 457 Posts

The thread you saw was a guy asking for somebody with a 2" level and a replacement 2" block (replace factory 1.75" with 2" giving an extra .25"). I dont see a lot of people doing that at all (his thread was filled with people who just felt like throwing pictures of their trucks even though they had nothing to do with his OP lol)

I dont like calling a 2.5" spacer and 1" stacked rear block a level. The nickname I saw somebody use and the nickname I like to use is a "Poor Mans Lift". That's essentially what it is. $200 gives you 2.5" up front and 1" extra on top of your factory 1.75" block in the back. I did the "Poor Mans Lift" because I wanted to clear larger tires and still keep rake for towing my boat and hauling material. Not level (more level then stock I guess) but aggressive looking for cheap.

Hope that helps!

Last edited by berty; 04-15-2016 at 09:49 AM.
Old 04-15-2016, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by berty
The thread you saw was a guy asking for somebody with a 2" level and a replacement 2" block (replace factory 1.75" with 2" giving an extra .25"). I dont see a lot of people doing that at all (his thread was filled with people who just felt like throwing pictures of their trucks even though they had nothing to do with his OP lol)

I dont like calling a 2.5" spacer and 1" stacked rear block a level. The nickname I saw somebody use and the nickname I like to use is a "Poor Mans Lift". That's essentially what it is. $200 gives you 2.5" up front and 1" extra on top of your factory 1.75" block in the back. I did the "Poor Mans Lift" because I wanted to clear larger tires and still keep rake for towing my boat and hauling material. Not level (more level then stock I guess) but aggressive looking for cheap.

Hope that helps!
Yeah, so that sounds like what I want then. A 2.5" level kit for the front and a 2" block for the back. That will let me get 33" tires and still maintain clearance when towing and be *more* level than stock. Thanks.
Old 04-15-2016, 10:01 AM
Beer, Boats, and Trucks.

Received 603 Likes on 457 Posts

Originally Posted by Samuel Stainback
Yeah, so that sounds like what I want then. A 2.5" level kit for the front and a 2" block for the back. That will let me get 33" tires and still maintain clearance when towing and be *more* level than stock. Thanks.
I'm not sure if you misread or I explained poorly or if you understood completely and want that lol

But doing a replacement 2" block and a 2.5" level will either make you completely level or give you .25" of rake (depends on how much your front spacer actually gives you, they do vary)

What I did was add 1" to the 1.75" block giving me 2.75" total blockage in the back with about .75 of rake (my 2.5" level only gave me and actual lift of 2" in the front)

I sit 2" higher in front and 2.75" higher in the back

This is what I got. http://www.roughcountry.com/ford-sus...it-50004c.html

I personally think the .75" inch of rake is perfect, I'm not sure .25" of rake will keep you from squatting with a 3,000lbs boat.
Old 04-21-2016, 12:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 3 inch level on the front and a 2 inch block in the back and I run 35's. You should have no problem running 33's
Old 05-21-2016, 02:25 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JTP1086
I have a 3 inch level on the front and a 2 inch block in the back and I run 35's. You should have no problem running 33's
What kit do you have? and what size rims?

Quick Reply: Front level kit and rear block?