Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

flowmaster super 44 question

Old 09-27-2011, 01:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default flowmaster super 44 question

Hey everyone,
I bought a super 44 for my truck today. I pulled it out of the box and realized that the guy at the shop gave me one that is painted black even though I wanted a stainless steel one. (I shoulda known because it was only 69 bucks)

My question is...
I live in a really really salted area, should I take this one back or just install it and see how long it lasts? I want to get like 3 or 4 years out of it at least.

I have heard they rust through from some people, I have heard they last a long time from others. What are your experiences with them?

Thanks
Old 10-09-2011, 06:46 AM
FX4

I had the same muffler, took 3 yrs before it rusted though and fell off going down the highway.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:51 PM

I had an anodized aluminum catback system that I painted flat black on my GTO (much lower to the ground) and had absolutely no problems with it, it didnt even show signs of rust or corrosion of any kind in the 2 1/2 years I had it. don't know if this helps you just going off the experience I had with a similar product.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:24 PM
FX4

K thx I'm undecided on what I want for a muffler, looking at all my options
Old 10-12-2011, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by 97Shozt
Hey everyone,
I bought a super 44 for my truck today. I pulled it out of the box and realized that the guy at the shop gave me one that is painted black even though I wanted a stainless steel one. (I shoulda known because it was only 69 bucks)

My question is...
I live in a really really salted area, should I take this one back or just install it and see how long it lasts? I want to get like 3 or 4 years out of it at least.

I have heard they rust through from some people, I have heard they last a long time from others. What are your experiences with them?

Thanks
When I bought mine it was black as well and I put stainless from the y pipe back I believe the paint is high hear corrosion paint so no need to worry about it Rustin out the bottom
Old 06-02-2012, 06:48 PM

Received 73 Likes on 62 Posts

i just put one on mine, its black. its dual out and its wa too loud and i dont have two tail pipes to put on it.. any ideas on how to make it quieter?
Old 03-18-2015, 04:38 PM

Default flowmaster super 44 offset

I bought a flowmaster super 44 sido muffler from autozone the sales guy helped me with the process and looked on the computer and said that the muffler was the correct one when I got home I took it out of the box and brought it under the truck and noticed that the outlet on the muffler will not line up with the tail pipe can someone help me figure this out as autozone will not let me return the muffler
Old 03-18-2015, 05:49 PM
F150 Forum

Received 57 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by ultra2015
I bought a flowmaster super 44 sido muffler from autozone the sales guy helped me with the process and looked on the computer and said that the muffler was the correct one when I got home I took it out of the box and brought it under the truck and noticed that the outlet on the muffler will not line up with the tail pipe can someone help me figure this out as autozone will not let me return the muffler
Give our tech support line a call at (707) 544-4761. Have your part number ready so that the support agent that you speak with is able to verify whether or not the muffler that you have is in the correct configuration for your truck.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:06 AM
F150 Forum

Received 57 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by 97Shozt
Hey everyone,

My question is...

Thanks
All of Flowmaster's Super 44 Series mufflers are painted black. If the part number begins with an 8, you have a stainless steel muffler. If the part number begins with a 9, you have an aluminized steel muffler. As you mentioned, because you live in an area where the roads are heavily salted, I would also recommend that you run a stainless steel muffler. All of Flowmaster's stainless steel mufflers have a limited lifetime warranty to the original purchaser. This means that as long as you own the truck, this will be the last muffler that you ever have to buy.
Old 03-23-2015, 12:21 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 99Longhorn
i just put one on mine, its black. its dual out and its wa too loud and i dont have two tail pipes to put on it.. any ideas on how to make it quieter?
The only way to tone it down would be to install tailpipes. If you just don't like the look of the tailpipes you could just run some over the rear axle and dump them. It'll help cut down on the drone some. But you'll still have drone just because the exhaust exits under your truck.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: flowmaster super 44 question