Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fender Flares Installed!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 11:15 AM

Received 57 Likes on 41 Posts

Default Fender Flares Installed!

Pocket style fender flares for $265 shipped from Master Accessories USA on eBay. If anything I think I need to go up in height after installing these. So far I've just gone up 1" in the front with Bilsteins. I'm thinking about going to the max in the front with the Bilsteins and then adding an inch in the back to keep some rake for when I hall stuff and tow the boat. What is the best way to add an inch in the back? I have the rear Bilsteins on order that will support a 1" increase in height. What size block is there currently in the FX4 rear? I'm guessing I can just get a 1" larger block and the Bilsteins and be good? Thank you Raider_1 for the pics of the same fender flares and the advice on the install time. Sorry the pics aren't better, cell phone and it was cloudy and about to rain. Tell me what you think everyone, raise it or leave as is?
Attached Thumbnails Fender Flares Installed!-fender-flares-1.jpg   Fender Flares Installed!-fender-flares-2.jpg   Fender Flares Installed!-fender-flares-3.jpg  
Old 05-05-2012, 05:53 AM
In Dale we trust.

Received 165 Likes on 109 Posts

I think it'd look great with a 4-6 inch lift
Old 05-05-2012, 08:32 AM

Received 123 Likes on 118 Posts

^^^agreed...but if you want, I think your newer trucks are the same as my 06 and you can get a new 3" block to replace your 2" factory block.
Old 05-05-2012, 01:28 PM
B-52 Chief

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How long did they take to install? Any drilling required? Do you have any pics from the front looking down the side that shows how far they stick out?
Old 05-05-2012, 02:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks Good!!!
Old 05-07-2012, 01:38 PM

Received 57 Likes on 41 Posts

Ok, side pic as requested. I also measured them too and they come off the fender just over 3 inches. Total time to install I would say is between 2 - 3 hours depending on how quickly you decipher exactly what the instructions are saying. Before starting anything there's about an hour of prep time to install the decorative bolts and the rubber gasket that goes between the flare and the fender. The link below is to the Ebay seller I purchased them from.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2009-2012-FO...ac4b34&vxp=mtr
Attached Thumbnails Fender Flares Installed!-fender-flares-4.jpg  
Old 05-09-2012, 01:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Viking1204
Pocket style fender flares for $265 shipped from Master Accessories USA on eBay. If anything I think I need to go up in height after installing these. So far I've just gone up 1" in the front with Bilsteins. I'm thinking about going to the max in the front with the Bilsteins and then adding an inch in the back to keep some rake for when I hall stuff and tow the boat. What is the best way to add an inch in the back? I have the rear Bilsteins on order that will support a 1" increase in height. What size block is there currently in the FX4 rear? I'm guessing I can just get a 1" larger block and the Bilsteins and be good? Thank you Raider_1 for the pics of the same fender flares and the advice on the install time. Sorry the pics aren't better, cell phone and it was cloudy and about to rain. Tell me what you think everyone, raise it or leave as is?
No problem they look pretty good on your truck also

Quick Reply: Fender Flares Installed!