Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

f150 acting wierd NEED HELP

Old 01-27-2009, 07:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default f150 acting wierd NEED HELP

so as you all may or may not know my dad got an edge evolution programmer for christmas, well he put it on that afternoon and he loves it but today he was coming home from work and all of a sudden he lost power and it was running HORRIBLE, so he looked on the diagnostics on the edge and came up code p061 but had no indication what it was oh and the little wrech light came on in the dash, i looked and looked to see what was up but couldn't find anything on the internet, any help would be GREAT. oh and its set on level 2 tune if that matters. thanks!
Old 01-28-2009, 02:35 PM

Did you pull the fuel pump "fuse"when you installed the programmer, if not it will burn out the fuel pump!
Old 01-28-2009, 02:47 PM
Notorious Thread Editor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by NissanTy
so as you all may or may not know my dad got an edge evolution programmer for christmas, well he put it on that afternoon and he loves it but today he was coming home from work and all of a sudden he lost power and it was running HORRIBLE, so he looked on the diagnostics on the edge and came up code p061 but had no indication what it was oh and the little wrech light came on in the dash, i looked and looked to see what was up but couldn't find anything on the internet, any help would be GREAT. oh and its set on level 2 tune if that matters. thanks!
The wrench is the safe mode indicator meaning that the truck is in"limp home mode" where it will rn ignoring all feedback from sensors to get to a destination. Re-flash back to stock. Make sure all electronics are off before starting and try loading the tune again.

p061 comes up as a ..

P0061 HO2S Heater Resistance (Bank 2, Sensor 3) If the issue persists contact edge directly.

Originally Posted by davedegeorge
Did you pull the fuel pump "fuse"when you installed the programmer, if not it will burn out the fuel pump!
You do not need to remove any fuses when installing tunes, if you do the so called tuner you are using is crapola.

Gonna move this to after market for more assistance for you OP.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:49 PM

ahh ok thanks guys, yeah it was in limp mode then, he said it drove fine today and has all the power, if this happens again i told him to contact edge to see whats up. thanks guys for the feedback.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:12 PM
Notorious Thread Editor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

No problem, let us know if it comes back.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by SinCityFX4
No problem, let us know if it comes back.
will do!
Old 03-12-2009, 02:00 AM

hey guys and gals, well i think me and my dad found what the problem was, his cone air filter on his k&n intake worked itself loose and was hanging off. im guessing this was the issue because its never done it again after we re-installed it. thanks for the adivce though guys and if something else screwy happens i know where to come!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: f150 acting wierd NEED HELP