Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Expedition suspension lift

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 01:45 AM
voltron

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Expedition suspension lift

Well it looks like I'm selling my f150 and I'm thinking about buying a 2007 EL Limited 4x4 I found for a good deal. I've been doing some reading and the only lift I can find are leveling kits 2-3". I've read about how the trac system is the major problem with lifting them but this is 2014 now and you would have thought a suspension lift company had overcome this.

So has anyone heard of a 6-12" suspension lift for these yet?? Bolt on preferably but the shop I'd take it too can do some good fab work. Thanks.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:14 AM

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

the 3-2 spacer lift is all there is. i just traded my 07 el in last year. the problem that was coming up with lift companies was the rsc. also there was someone that did a one off on a red one for sema and the word with it was he kept snapping axles. the expy uses independant front and rear axles. with the 3-2 you can run 34.5 tires with no rubbing and be very capable off road. thats what i had. drove just as good as stock and had no issues with wearing out any other parts after the 70k i put on it.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:48 PM
voltron

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm really wanting to do a 20x14 or 22x14 on a wide 35 so I would need at least 6". I would go 33 but they don't make a wide enough m/t tire in that size.

How about this, is the FRONT suspension of any year f150 the same as an 07 expedition? Or is the FRONT suspension on an 04-06 Expedition the same as the 07? (04-06 Rize lift)

The reason I ask is because I could do a 6" lift for the front and do a 2" (3" if it will work) leveling puck for the rear. Including the stock rake it would only bulldog (squat) 1-2". My f150 bulldogs 2.5" right now and I like the look. You can just start to notice it so 1-2" would barely make a difference. Thanks.
Old 08-30-2014, 04:46 AM

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

i had 20x10 rims with 25 offset, 305/55/20 with no rubbing. the front is the same but i think having it with only the 2" rear would make it handle really weird and probally upset the advancetrac. its such a sensitive system and you can never really turn it all the way off. the system activates with any diff in rear wheel speed, too much body lean, or any yaw. being an suv there is alot more weight up high than an f150 which already makes it want to lean. now add in the reverse rake and im sure it will goof it up alot more. its so bad that you cant even do a good donut in the snow (possible but its a learning curve). i personally wouldnt do the two diff lifts but im not the person to tell you that you cant. the rear suspension is fairly complicated and a 2" puck was kinda a bitch to get in, idk if you could get a 3 (or without having the geometry maxed out). i say if you can afford to try it and still want to then good luck and i hope it works out. you would more then likely have the only one like it.

Quick Reply: Expedition suspension lift