Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust question...

Old 12-05-2008, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Exhaust question...

Okay guys. I called my place that I was going to get my exhaust done at going to get a quote. 2 1/2" dual into a magnaflow crossover with magnaflow mufflers. He says that they only do from the muffler back and that they aren't supposed to do anything in front of that. He said something about another shop that will do it, but they can and prolly will get in trouble with it. He said that a shop in a near-by town recently got in trouble for doing it. I didn't ask if it was illegal or anything just because I didn't have time, do you guys know anything about this? He also said that they weren't supposed to dual anything newer that 1980something. ???
Old 12-05-2008, 06:34 PM
Bleeds FORD Blue

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its for emissions. You may live in a state that has a big problem with modifying exhaust. In ND, the muffler shops wont cut out cats.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's what I'm thinking too. I'm in Texas, which would be really surprising considering our population is known for being...how do I say this...redneck?. haha.
Old 12-06-2008, 12:09 AM
Notorious Thread Editor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

That is odd...I agree, it's gotta be emissions.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Exhaust question...