Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust, Intake, Programmer. . . whats next?

Old 11-25-2008, 08:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Exhaust, Intake, Programmer. . . whats next?

I've recently made a few new additions to my 04 Fx4, flow master sido, k&n cai, and the edge evo programmer. Each has significantly made a difference in the performance of the truck. But i want more. . . so whats next? What else can i do to my truck to give it even more power, even more torque?
Old 11-25-2008, 08:13 PM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

You've got a couple things that aren't the best power additions; by that I mean brands not devices. Efans and underdrive pullies would be pretty easy.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:24 PM

if that be the case what would you recommend brand wise
Old 11-25-2008, 08:26 PM

For the efans I would make your own kit, it's pretty simple and a helluva lot cheaper than the other efan options out there. Check this thread out.
https://www.f150forum.com/showthread...highlight=efan
Old 11-26-2008, 06:07 PM
Buck

What about new coils with more spark? I've read they add more power and burn better. but that's only what Ive read.
Old 11-26-2008, 06:11 PM

I believe I heard awhile back these trucks makes PLENTY of spark and power to the plugs. I know that we swapped them out on a buddy of mines Tahoe and he didn't notice any gains at all, new spark plugs and coils together.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:14 PM

Ya you def dont wanna put new coils on! Big Bucks since weve got coil overs, plus if im not mistaken your 04 has them huge as plugs anyway! Ima have to agree wit tide on that one!

You might wanna try either a bigger bore throttle body or a spacer for your current tb. As well as your underdrive pulley's and an efan like tide mentioned.

Just remeber your engine is only gunna be as strong as its weakest link. And you have to make sure its comp can handle all the mods without throwin it outta wack. Thats why i have to rebuild mine as we speak.

Good Luck!
Old 03-09-2009, 01:42 AM

so i am sending my programmer to gryphon to get a new face and some customs tunes, troyer performance underdrive pulleys are on the way, i am gonna hold off on the efans for a bit. got a little money burning a hole in my pocket so where to now? does a throttle body really make a difference, and if so how much? or what about mass air flow sensors, does that do anything. . . need some good feed back
Old 03-09-2009, 09:33 AM
Notorious Thread Editor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Fx4Bronco
so i am sending my programmer to gryphon to get a new face and some customs tunes, troyer performance underdrive pulleys are on the way, i am gonna hold off on the efans for a bit. got a little money burning a hole in my pocket so where to now? does a throttle body really make a difference, and if so how much? or what about mass air flow sensors, does that do anything. . . need some good feed back
Well..there is only so much you can do up top w/o having to start digging in deeper.

I would ask Bill who is writing your tunes on the Gryphon what kinds of gains you can get with a new TB and MAF to see if it's worth it. With the pulleys, the TB, and MAF's I would assume their would be a substantial increase....

What exhaust you running?
Old 03-16-2009, 01:43 AM

right now i just have a super 40 sido on there so I know something could be done there, headers? cats? x pipe? any suggestions on what is the absolute best for performance? and i work at a dealership so if it wont pass inspections im not worried about it, i can make that happen

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Exhaust, Intake, Programmer. . . whats next?