Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust idea - 2014 F150 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 09:18 PM

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Exhaust idea - 2014 F150 5.0

Hello all, first thread on this site because I couldn't find anything from searching. Has anyone kept the stock muffler and ran dual exhaust out the back? I love the look of duals coming out from under the bumper but I don't want the sound. I enjoy my quiet truck and I'm playing my music loud all the time anyway lol.

Just wondering if anyone has ever heard of this being done before and if anyone knows how much it would cost to have it done at a shop? Thanks
Old 03-26-2015, 10:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have seen it done...

I have seen this done a few times. It is similar to what Dodge has on their trucks. The one thing that you will need to remember is that the exit on the muffler is only one pipe. You will have to get a muffler shop to put a "Y" in the exit to run it if you want them both connected. You have another option of having one run on the other side without having it connected (would be lame, but have the looks for a cheaper price.

As for pricing, it depends on the tips that you choose. The pipes should be pretty straight forward with a few welds, but if you have them cut the current pip off, add the "Y", and weld in place to the corners or out the back, you should be in the $250 range. The tips are going to be the big difference.

I am with you on not wanting the sound as well, but have left mine stock. I am thinking about the borla touring cat back system. Take a look at it on youtube as it is pretty quiet with a little deep rumble. Not much more than stock. Hope this helps.
Old 04-02-2015, 01:03 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by beef_stew
Hello all, first thread on this site because I couldn't find anything from searching. Has anyone kept the stock muffler and ran dual exhaust out the back? I love the look of duals coming out from under the bumper but I don't want the sound. I enjoy my quiet truck and I'm playing my music loud all the time anyway lol.

Just wondering if anyone has ever heard of this being done before and if anyone knows how much it would cost to have it done at a shop? Thanks
You could just go ahead and put on a si/do muffler. Pretty much every exhaust company makes a muffler that sounds like stock. Removing the 50 gallon barrel of a muffler will help clean up the underside of your truck too. And as far as price goes when I had my first exhaust setup my local muffler shop put on a si/do muffler ran out the back for just over $200
Old 04-02-2015, 08:52 PM

Received 209 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by BigJay93
You could just go ahead and put on a si/do muffler. Pretty much every exhaust company makes a muffler that sounds like stock. Removing the 50 gallon barrel of a muffler will help clean up the underside of your truck too. And as far as price goes when I had my first exhaust setup my local muffler shop put on a si/do muffler ran out the back for just over $200
Yeah, and for $200 you are going to get aluminized metal which if you live in the north will rust out in three years if not sooner. The best thing is to keep it stainless.
Old 04-03-2015, 06:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by funmoneypit150
Yeah, and for $200 you are going to get aluminized metal which if you live in the north will rust out in three years if not sooner. The best thing is to keep it stainless.
Well I live in the south so that's never a problem for me haha.

Quick Reply: Exhaust idea - 2014 F150 5.0