Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

edge programmer

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 12:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default edge programmer

hey guys i just put an edge programmer on my f150 and it works great i just have one problem, my speedometer is off by 2 mphs. i know thats not bad but i was wondering what would cause this? i do have a slightly bigger tires 285/70R17s would that cause it and can the programmer get the dash speedometer back on the right mph. if not how can i get it corrected thanks a lot.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:02 PM

I have the exact same thing. I have 285/75/16's on my truck and mine is off by 2mph. I believe that I read somewhere you can send off your gauge cluster and someone can recalibrate it for you.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:12 PM
Big Blue

With the programmer, you have to go to the custom menu when switching power levels. The book that it came with has a guide on what to put with what size tires. After that, it may be 1 or 2 mph off from the dash. It also says this in the book, mine is off by 1, kind of a pain, but i talked myself into thinking it's only off because i'm speeding up or slowing down during the time it takes me to look from the speedomter to the programmer

Quick Reply: edge programmer