Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edge Evolution CS problem..

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 10:47 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Edge Evolution CS problem..

So I bought my truck used and have no clue what the previous owner has done to the PCM, or if he has done anything at all. But my truck has 33.5" tires and my speedometer has always only been about 2km/h off comparing with a GPS with the 33.5" tires. So I just bought the edge evolution CS and decided I would enter my trucks gearing (3.73) and aftermarket tire size along with the economy tune anyways just to see if it would make my speedometer dead accurate. Well that was a bad idea because after doing so I started my truck and check engine light came on and the truck ran like sh**, was studdering and seemed like if I left it idling it would eventually stall. So I freaked out and returned the chip back to stock and then it had no issues, truck then ran fine. I tried re programming it again with the same custom gearing/tire settings and the truck did the exact same thing again. So after this second time I returned it back to stock then restored all custom settings to default but left it on the economy tune and all was good. But today I decided to put my truck back to stock from economy tune and went to town. Before leaving town to come back I decided to switch back to economy to see how big of a difference in MPG I could get. So I reprogrammed the truck to economy and skipped the custom tuning option. But then when I started accelerating, my speedometer was moving super slow and would not go over 25-30km/h!! when I was probably doing atleast 100!! So again I switched back to stock and all was good and now Im scared to even use the damn thing. Any input? Is it possible that this programmer can ruin my PCM or cause any permanent damage?? Do you think it was just a little glitch that caused the speedometer error? Why would my truck throw a engine light and run like crap when I entered my tire size and gearing??
Old 08-22-2014, 08:51 PM
Tom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have never heard of that before but my cts has a really good warrenty on it so i would just return it for a new one.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:59 PM
F150Forum Sponsor - SCT Dealer! 614 620-5050

Received 1,084 Likes on 877 Posts

OP post was for Oct of 2013....hopefully he has it figured out by now!

Quick Reply: Edge Evolution CS problem..