Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edge Evolution

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 03:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Edge Evolution

I just bought this programmer for my 04 FX4 and it comes in today. I cant wait to try it out. My question is, once i install it will it hurt my factory computer at all? Also is it as bad ***** as they say?
Old 06-24-2008, 03:38 PM
Hobie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You are about to get many many mixed opinions on the Edge.

I personally own one on my 04 FX4 and love it. it has caused a tranny shudder at one point in time but now doesn't and the other time I was runnin the hell out of it on Level 3 and it jacked up my comp so bad I didn't have reverse and the tranny slipped all throughout first, but once I put the programmer to stock everything was workin fine again so now I just keep it on Level two. I wouldn't mind gettin something else like the Xcal but would like to see dyno results first.

As far as Edge vs. Stock, you won't believe the difference just a little programmer can do!
Old 06-24-2008, 04:53 PM

I have ready many forums about this programmer and 95% of them say it is great with no problems. The ones that have problems i assume must have set it up wrong or got a bad programmer.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:58 PM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

The Edge has caused 5654614889161 more problems than any other programmer for the F150. If it works for you Great, but even in this post there is already someone who had a problem with theirs.. With the 200 or more SCT programmers we sold we only had one with a problem, we found out later the guy cut his key off in the middle of programming.
Old 06-24-2008, 05:04 PM

lol calm down. you must have stock in the sct. That was a harsh post. if the edge was that bad i woul think there would be more reviews that are bad than good. but i do not want to argue i am just looking for user criticism, but constructive only please.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:07 PM
Hobie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had the truck since Nov. w/ the programmer in it and had the shudder just every now and then for bout a month but that was only at like 65 but I did an update and solved that but then it had the huge **** up two weeks ago and hasn't given me a problem since but oh well **** happens and thats why I bought the extended warrenty lol
Old 06-25-2008, 09:18 PM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by HJDF150
I have had the truck since Nov. w/ the programmer in it and had the shudder just every now and then for bout a month but that was only at like 65 but I did an update and solved that but then it had the huge **** up two weeks ago and hasn't given me a problem since but oh well **** happens and thats why I bought the extended warrenty lol
Well that extended warranty may not be worth crap if the Edge destroys your transmission and they trace your issues back to your use of it.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:26 PM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by hick1234
lol calm down. you must have stock in the sct. That was a harsh post. if the edge was that bad i woul think there would be more reviews that are bad than good. but i do not want to argue i am just looking for user criticism, but constructive only please.
I saw nothing harsh about his post, simply stating a fact that the Edge has caused way more issues than any SCT tuner. I have the Xcal II (an SCT tuner) and no I don't own any stock in SCT. At one point I thought about adding the Edge, but then read about the transmission issues concerning it and that made my mind up for me. Still don't understand why folks are so willing to add something to their trucks that is known to cause issues. As NGM says, there are Edge users in this topic posting their issues. On a different F150 board I frequest trust me there are lots of posting about the Edge and the issues it has caused. The bad reviews are out there.

Quick Reply: Edge Evolution