Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edge Evolution ???

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 01:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Edge Evolution ???

ok here's the thing, I would like to have an Edge Evolution programmer for my still stock 2001 4.6 Lariat, primarily for gauges, secondly for fuel economy.

Searched the forums about edge evolution problems and found out about the "tranny issue," is this resolved already?

The "tranny issue" was said to occur in level 3, so i guess using the other levels would not cause any "tranny issue?" Am i right on my assumption?

One more thing, If ever I decide to have mild upgrades on my engine such as CAI, exhaust and others, would Edge Evolution's feature of Customized settings be useful to "adapt/compensate" for these upgrades(since as of my reading Edge was made with the assumption that the engine is stock), so as to achieve optimal engine performance? or are the tuning capability in the customized settings in the Edge Evo fall VERY far from the tuning capabilities of other programmers/tuners.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:17 PM
none.

Received 97 Likes on 78 Posts

the edge is honestly a good candidate for my 1911. the programming is far from custom and is nothing more than a processor hack. The SCT Xcal2/3 is a much better option for tuning capability and programming. that being said, your EEC-V is nothing like the processor in the newer trucks, you do not require a retune for an intake or a exhaust unless you need the secondary oxygen sensors turned off. The transmission issues alone that are caused by the Edge are enough to not want to touch it. The trans strategies in the Xcal programming is far more indepth and goes way beyond the WOT tweaks that the Edge programmer does.

If you want a cool diagnostic display, the ScanGauge2 is the way to go.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:25 PM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

SCT Livewire is a pretty sweet unit too.. http://www.sctflash.com/LW.php
Old 06-12-2008, 02:37 PM
none.

here is an idea. Search for a used Xcal2 on ebay and have a reputable tuner make you some files....and get a scangauge.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:27 PM

sorry, new on this forum and trying to get caught up on all the topics.....Your guys were saying that the edge chip is causing **** with the tranny???
I just bought the edge chip for my 06 5.4, and would like to know what the hell i got myself into
Thanks
Old 06-12-2008, 08:11 PM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

The Edge sucks for Fords.. SCT is the best tuner out for the Fords right now.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:01 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sct?

NGM ...Jw... would you be a SCT sales person...cause u seem to be pushing SCT's product. Or is that through ur experience and research...Im still gettin into this too.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by NGM
The Edge sucks for Fords.. SCT is the best tuner out for the Fords right now.
got a link for it????
Old 06-13-2008, 12:36 AM
none.

Originally Posted by Squirtis
got a link for it????
www.sctflash.com
Old 06-13-2008, 08:02 AM

I'm also considering SCT Livewire after doing some readings here, Xcal2+guages sounds great!..., will check out Scanguage2. I guess I'll have to put my Edge purchase on hold until all "research" has been done. Thanks guys!

Quick Reply: Edge Evolution ???