Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EcoBoost Phase 4 Performance Package

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 09:21 PM
My'13Limited

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default EcoBoost Phase 4 Performance Package

I have a '13 F150 Limited with the 3.5 EcoBoost and wanted to add some performance mods on it, thinking about the Stage 3 Motorsports Phase 4 performance package.
http://www.stage3motorsports.com/201...-Packages.html
I have a few questions. Anyone have this kit? If so, do you like it? Worth the $3k? Also, I know Tuning the truck will void the warranty, but what about replacing the equipment. Does that void the powertrain warranty?
I appreciate any help/suggestions given.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:31 PM

Received 138 Likes on 100 Posts

I watched some youtube videos about the different throttle body and it only gained about 12hp with the addition of the afe intercooler pipe. I don't know much about the Y pipe but I do know that absolutely no dealer will touch the truck if you don't have the factory cats on it. My dealer said I can tune mine and keep the warranty but they said no deal with the cats. In my opinion get the stage 2 kit, save yourself 1500 and give yourself a chance at keeping your warranty.- I currently have all the stage 2 mods except for the tuner.
Old 03-14-2014, 04:54 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Check out livernois motor, I don't know much about stage 3, livernois did mine last week and she runs now
Old 03-14-2014, 10:15 AM
F150 Vendor

Received 62 Likes on 47 Posts

Anything you do can potentially void your warranty. Its more based on dealer preference than anything.

There is a federal law stating that in order to void your warranty the dealer has the burden of proving that the aftermarket modification was directly related to the issue you are having. Take that for what its worth.

As far as that Phase 4 kit, there are better ways to spend 3k on a performance package.
There are components missing in there that are more critical than what they provide.

FACEBOOK YOUTUBE TWITTER
Ecoboost Performance Parts from the Pros!
Old 03-14-2014, 04:24 PM

Received 135 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by MAK Performance
There is a federal law stating that in order to void your warranty the dealer has the burden of proving that the aftermarket modification was directly related to the issue you are having. Take that for what its worth.
Agreed.

however, realize all the dealer has to do is say it's affecting it and it's going to be on the
customer to hire an attorney. Then you pay ALL the costs of court out of your own pocket
to challenge the dealer and Ford. In the end, you are taking on a ginormous corporation,
and you will go broke even attempting it.

These giant corporations can crush you unless you can prove it, and in most cases you
won't be able to with aftermarket add on's. There are so many variables against you on this.

So remember this is how the world works and decide if this is REALLY worth the risk on a $50K truck.
Technically I agree with Ford, things like this should void your warranty.

As a business owner imagine selling engines and people are modifying them and blowing them up and
expecting you to fix them with their unknown variables they added onto something you designed without them in mind.

Last edited by CreepinDeth; 03-14-2014 at 04:28 PM.
Old 03-15-2014, 12:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the phase 4 package on my 2013 ecoboost. It will most likely void the warranty I new that when I bought the package. I like the package I can fill the gains. I haven't dynoed it to see what the gains are. I also went with the solo performance catted y-pipe and exhaust.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:14 PM
F150 Vendor

Originally Posted by CreepinDeth
Agreed.

however, realize all the dealer has to do is say it's affecting it and it's going to be on the
customer to hire an attorney. Then you pay ALL the costs of court out of your own pocket
to challenge the dealer and Ford. In the end, you are taking on a ginormous corporation,
and you will go broke even attempting it.

These giant corporations can crush you unless you can prove it, and in most cases you
won't be able to with aftermarket add on's. There are so many variables against you on this.

So remember this is how the world works and decide if this is REALLY worth the risk on a $50K truck.
Technically I agree with Ford, things like this should void your warranty.

As a business owner imagine selling engines and people are modifying them and blowing them up and
expecting you to fix them with their unknown variables they added onto something you designed without them in mind.

I agree with you to an extent, but alot of this stuff starts at the dealer level and if you can present a good case as far as reasoning they aren't up to the fight. Our experience with our local dealers is that they will try and if they meet any resistance they will fold. Now I mean that in a reasonable manner. If you melt a piston then expect to lose your warranty. But if you have a suspension issue, your cold air intake can not void your warranty. It should not be able to void your warranty.

FACEBOOK YOUTUBE TWITTER
Old 03-18-2014, 08:52 PM
My'13Limited

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MAK Performance
Anything you do can potentially void your warranty. Its more based on dealer preference than anything.

As far as that Phase 4 kit, there are better ways to spend 3k on a performance package.
There are components missing in there that are more critical than what they provide.
What components do you think are missing that are more critical?
Old 03-20-2014, 02:22 PM
F150 Vendor

Originally Posted by jbcamaro86
What components do you think are missing that are more critical?

We would drop the throttle body and add the wagner intercooler. Definitely alot more important than a throttle body.

FACEBOOK YOUTUBE TWITTER
Old 03-28-2014, 11:05 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

From personal experience and a multitude of dyno runs that are available all over the internet, the two best modifications that you can make to the EB is a Tuner and a downpipe. Get a catted downpipe to help with warranty. I have tuned a 2011 Hemi in a Dodge 1500 and now the EB in a 2013 FX4 and I can't even begin to tell you how bad ***** this engine is with a tune. Before I added the 6.5" lift, I was getting 21mpg hwy with 305/55/20's and a 2.5" level. I could also break my tires loose in first through fourth gears with the tune. I went with the SCT from Franchi. With that said, I've also ordered my exhaust and front bumper from Stage 3 and highly recommend them. They were in constant contact with me and were great/easy to work with.

Quick Reply: EcoBoost Phase 4 Performance Package