Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ecoboost Lower Grill

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2015, 08:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ecoboost Lower Grill

I recently had my lower grill stolen from my truck. Apparently the grill just snaps into place and can be easily removed by thieves. Is anyone aware of a way that the lower grill can be secured to make it harder to steal? Or is anyone aware of a lower grill supplier with a more secure installation design?
Old 12-31-2015, 12:30 PM

Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

Wow, I can't believe someone would steal a lower grill. Was it stock? I replaced mine with this
Amazon.com: APS F66789H Black Powder Coated Aluminum Billet Grille Bolt Over for select Ford F-150 Models: Automotive Amazon.com: APS F66789H Black Powder Coated Aluminum Billet Grille Bolt Over for select Ford F-150 Models: Automotive
Old 12-31-2015, 04:07 PM

Received 66 Likes on 53 Posts

Do you have a picture of what it looked like after it was stolen? I just have two vertical plastic pieces, there's not even a grille there on my truck.
Old 12-31-2015, 06:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe it is after market as Ford recommends the hole be there for proper ventilation of the Ecoboost. Have a look at your grill it may be the same as mine that it just snaps into place and can be easily removed by a thief. Once I get a replacement I'm going to have to modify it so that it is harder to take.
Old 01-01-2016, 09:33 AM

Received 893 Likes on 585 Posts

Originally Posted by jakuboj
I recently had my lower grill stolen from my truck. Apparently the grill just snaps into place and can be easily removed by thieves. Is anyone aware of a way that the lower grill can be secured to make it harder to steal? Or is anyone aware of a lower grill supplier with a more secure installation design?
Good lord... I have the boost bars lower grill to match the upper grill and that thing was ***** to get it to fit in. I figured it's staying there permanently or else I'll cut it out.
Old 01-02-2016, 04:53 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DJ2014
Wow, I can't believe someone would steal a lower grill. Was it stock? I replaced mine with this Amazon.com: APS F66789H Black Powder Coated Aluminum Billet Grille Bolt Over for select Ford F-150 Models: Automotive .
I bought the same one for my 2012 Lariat. I didn't need it for the EB, as I have a 5.0, but it does cover the hole nicely. The license plate holder was broken, and needed to be replaced.
To the OP: It sucks that someone would steal yours. There is no respect for anyone's property any more.
Old 02-01-2016, 05:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DJ2014
Wow, I can't believe someone would steal a lower grill. Was it stock? I replaced mine with this Amazon.com: APS F66789H Black Powder Coated Aluminum Billet Grille Bolt Over for select Ford F-150 Models: Automotive .
Stealing the lower grill off a truck. That's a new one. Guess there is no limit to how low someone can stoop. Anyhoo, I have something similar to this I got off Amazon. Simple, cheap and a pain in the *** to get in. No way any thief is going to take this off mine. If this one is like mine, then two metal prongs at the bottom and then two holes where you can screw them into place.

Quick Reply: Ecoboost Lower Grill