Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dre23 W/Pics Of New 2.5" Leveling Kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 07:46 PM
MuthaTruckin' Monster

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking Dre23 W/Pics Of New 2.5" Leveling Kit

For those of you who read my post on my newly added WeatherTech Floormats, I've done my exhaust mods, my AIC mods, my wheel/tire mods, (working on my badge and vinyl graphics mods as we speak) so I thought that there was no better time than the present than to throw a nice lil' 'ole leveling kit onto my 2007 SCrew.

I did go w/a 2.5" leveling kit & yes, yes, I know, I know Tide that you typically only recommend a 2" kit unless you plan on putting on some type of grille guard...please don't rip me a new one, but I thought I'd atleast leave myself the option to add one on @ a later time if I so decided to do so.

I got it done by a local shop here in Columbus, Ohio by the name of "Trails West", and during my search/research of local shops (since I am COMPLETELY inept at even adding something as simple as spacers to my truck...don't even think for a second that I was gonna order a kit & do this job myself!! Yes, go ahead and laugh!!) I got/heard nothing but good reviews about them and they have been in business since 1985...I mean I was 3yrs old when they went into business, so I'm thinking that they know what they were doing.

They did give me an estimated installation time of 1.5-2hrs., but I hit my stopwatch from the time that they pulled it around back and it took them exactly 53 mins before they said she was ready to go. The factory ride feels no different whatsoever, but I'm gonna go around to the dealership & have them do a front-end alignment w/in the next week or so to ensure that everything is top-notch.

Once again, enjoy the before & after pics. Sorry that I didn't take the pics @ the exact same locations so you can truly appreciate the height difference, but I personally think it is noticeable...especially when trying to get into the truck!! LOL
Old 01-07-2008, 07:47 PM
MuthaTruckin' Monster

Thumbs down BEFORE The 2.5" Leveling Kit

Self-Explanatory

Old 01-07-2008, 07:51 PM
MuthaTruckin' Monster

Thumbs up AFTER The Addition Of The 2.5" Leveling Kit

Whoo-Hoo!!

Old 01-07-2008, 07:54 PM
MuthaTruckin' Monster

Question Thoughts/Questions/Opinions...

Please let me know what you guys think...whether it be good, bad, or just plain ugly. I respect everyone's opinion on here as long as it is said in a constructive manner, and not in a way in which it is meant to tear the individual down.

HOLLA'AT'CHA'BOY!!!
Old 01-07-2008, 09:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great! Since doing mine a few weeks ago I keep seeing other f-150's and can't help but notice how badly they look like they need new front springs. A must ad-on IMHO.
Now you need Chrome nerf bars to match the rest of your chrome.......
Old 01-07-2008, 09:45 PM
Driver carries no money.

Looks Good! I'm jealous Dre!! I need to get mine on my truck. Soon very soon. Waitin on my new wheels and tires.

Right now I'm sittin here watchin you Buckeyes gettin stomped by LSU!!
Old 01-07-2008, 09:53 PM
MuthaTruckin' Monster

Question Thanks & Too Much Chrome Maybe??

Originally Posted by Dan"Gerous"
Looks great! Since doing mine a few weeks ago I keep seeing other f-150's and can't help but notice how badly they look like they need new front springs. A must ad-on IMHO.
Now you need Chrome nerf bars to match the rest of your chrome.......

Thanks Dan...whodathunk? Such a simple piece of equipment, that can change almost totally how your ride looks and stands. Yeah, until today, I was one of those F-150's that looked so bad, but now I'm glad that I've finally joined the line of the elite.

Now as for the nerf Chrome bars, do you think that would be overdoing the chorme motif? As you can see, my color scheme I'm going for is the silver, chorme/stainless steel/and black (the wheels). I was thinking the black nerf bars complimented the black wheels. You know I do love my chrome look, but I don't want at the same time to look too "BLING-BLING!". What ya think?
Old 01-07-2008, 09:58 PM
MuthaTruckin' Monster

Default SuperDave To The Rescue

Originally Posted by SuperDave
Looks Good! I'm jealous Dre!! I need to get mine on my truck. Soon very soon. Waitin on my new wheels and tires.

Right now I'm sittin here watchin you Buckeyes gettin stomped by LSU!!
WOW! I've got SuperDave jealous?! Man, I must be doing something right. Don't worry, as I'm sure you know, you've been at this mod game longer than I have, slow and steady wins the race. Yeah, it would be nice for someone to drop 100k in our laps to do all our mods at once (hmmm...make it 200k), but personally, I am enjoyin' doin a lil bit piece by piece. Don't worry, your time is right around the corner.

And as for My Bucks, I don't know what to say man. Ima ride or die Buck fan win or lose, but they really need to start proving themselves when it comes down to these big games. Nothing more, nothing less...they just need to start winning when it truly counts.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:06 PM

If you didn't have the bright area's around your rims, chrome mirrors or the chrome door handles I would say black nerfs. But with the chrome you already have I think chrome nerfs would look really nice.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:14 PM
MuthaTruckin' Monster

Question I'm Intrigued

Originally Posted by Dan"Gerous"
If you didn't have the bright area's around your rims, chrome mirrors or the chrome door handles I would say black nerfs. But with the chrome you already have I think chrome nerfs would look really nice.
Hmmm...now you've peaked my interest with your persuasive points. Do they make a totally ALL chrome, or just one that are chrome, but where you actually step to place your foot on it is still some sort of black material.

And Yes, Yes, I am very familiar w/the search button, but do you know of any good sites where I might find a nice heavy duty set @ a respectable price? And I know, stupid question, but what is the actual difference (if any) between nerf bars and running boards??

Quick Reply: Dre23 W/Pics Of New 2.5" Leveling Kit