Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car radio problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 08:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Car radio problems

My 04 ford f150 of ten years started making a static noise coming out of my door speakers. It is not constant but random at any volume level even mute. I have an aftermarket radio. I have subs installed correctly. Now being the truck is old I replaced my door speakers assuming they are busted. But even with brand new door speakers the noise is still there. But now. What I have done is I installed a small dual 400 watt amp from my radio to the amp and connected to my door speakers so at high volume I don't get muffled treble bc I can control my door speaker bass a lot more than just the radio features. Money is a problem so I don't want to replace every single thing hoping to solve the problem. Anyone have any suggestions to what I can do? And what to check for? Someone mentioned if I had mechanic work done and right around the time of the radio problem I had to replace my alternator and starter.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to bump this.
I too have this issue with my 04 FX4, Also when I open the doors it sounds like something out of a Sci-fi movie. My issue started after having a aftermarket radio installed and still does it after having a second install done (different type and brand radio)

Quick Reply: Car radio problems