Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can't make up my mind

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 08:49 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Can't make up my mind

Uncle Sam was generous this year, well not quite as much as he was last year but.. I've got a solid 6k to play with from my return. I really want an 8" suspension lift. Rize is the only one who makes a true 8", but no one answers the phone to ask if they're cutting them for '13s along with price and wait time.

So I'm stuck between either BDS's 6" with fox coilovers, or FTS's basic 8". Does anyone know how much extra height I could get out of the BDS without cranking the coilovers to max? The FTS is cheaper, and is really only a 6" and a spacer on top but comes with new UCA's. Worried about how it will ride though? Stage 3's custom kit is ultimately the same thing, so could I not get away with stacking a spacer on the BDS and changing out UCA?

Any input or opinions needed! I'm super f'ing indecisive 😅
Old 03-03-2015, 11:53 PM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by krb367
Uncle Sam was generous this year, well not quite as much as he was last year but.. I've got a solid 6k to play with from my return. I really want an 8" suspension lift. Rize is the only one who makes a true 8", but no one answers the phone to ask if they're cutting them for '13s along with price and wait time.

So I'm stuck between either BDS's 6" with fox coilovers, or FTS's basic 8". Does anyone know how much extra height I could get out of the BDS without cranking the coilovers to max? The FTS is cheaper, and is really only a 6" and a spacer on top but comes with new UCA's. Worried about how it will ride though? Stage 3's custom kit is ultimately the same thing, so could I not get away with stacking a spacer on the BDS and changing out UCA?

Any input or opinions needed! I'm super f'ing indecisive 😅
I'm having the Stage3 kit put on my truck now. You could swap out the BOSS coil overs for Fox/BDS 6" coil overs that they sell as well and eliminate the spacer. I'm sure you already know, but the spacer on the Stage3 kit is really only to lengthen up the coil overs to fit. So I don't know if it would effect the ride very much. I should be driving my truck tomorrow. I'll let you know how it rides.

Quick Reply: Can't make up my mind