Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bringing a Wire from the Bed into the Cab

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2015, 09:39 PM
Speed Addict

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Bringing a Wire from the Bed into the Cab

So I bought one of those sensor kits (no camera) that you mount on your rear bumper, run the wires from the 4 sensors to a control unit, then run the wire from the control unit up to the indicator.

Since I have a cap on my bed, I plan to just mount the control unit somewhere in the bed area, then somehow run the wire up to the dash area.

Question: What's the easiest way to get that one wire from the bed to the dash? If drilling is involved, where's a good spot?

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-27-2015, 10:46 PM
Collision Journeyman

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Run the wire along the frame under the cab up along the fire wall put thru one of the harness entrys into the under dash area
Old 05-27-2015, 11:58 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

you can drop it out of the bed/cap area in the rear stake pocket. There is a hole on the side of my 2013 rear pockets just phish it straight down. While you are at it, might want to pull a thick dummy hot wire to the bed for future toys and goodies not yet thought of... kegorator, rocket launcher, heater for the dogs...

Quick Reply: Bringing a Wire from the Bed into the Cab