Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brand New, well new to me, F150

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 07:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brand New, well new to me, F150

Hey everybody I just wanted to say I'm new to the forum and that I'm also very new to my truck. I am proud to say my 05 is my first vehicle. I've had it a few days and I'm really loving it. I've been reading the forum quite a lot and I'm not trying to repost I just want to get a few experienced opinions.

Modifications
2.5 inch lift kit getting put on this week

Exhaust
I am unsure of what system to put on. My dad has some flowmaster mufflers from his old 99 XLT but I don't really like the sound of them, no offense to those who do. I am thinking about Magnaflow dual exhaust. I want the system to sound good but I do not want it to be very loud or have any cabin drone (girlfriend and mom factor ) Does this sound like a good option for me? The model number I'm looking at is 16520. It sounds really good on the video. Any one here using the system?

Intake
i've read so many different opinions on here about CAI's i'm sick, some people say that you need a custom tune to keep from burning pistons at high revs, some say there is no performance or mpg gain, some say this is the single best mod they've ever done to their truck. Your input is appreciated.

Tune
I have looked for a 250 with a 7.3 and I was sure i was going to buy a tuner for it. But i went with the gas F150 and am unsure on whether this is going to be worthwhile. I've looked at Edge and Hypertech. Some guys on here swear by them but others say you need a custom tune. Please steer me in the right direction and tell me if i'm better off leaving it stock.

I know I am asking a lot but I really want to get my new truck just the way I want it. Please help me with the few questions I've posed up there and let me know if there are any other must do modifications. You don't have to state your opinion on each and every topic and feel free to give your input on just the exhaust, intake, tune, etc. Any help is appreciated
lddrew

Last edited by lddrew; 03-14-2010 at 07:18 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I'm no expert but in my opinion the edge evolution programer is a great product. It will give you up to 35hp. And it also can tell you trouble codes if your truck has any. And it can also tell you all the temps of your engine oil, transmision, air intake, and much more. As far as gas mileage goes with a programer or a CAI its all about how heavy your foot is. Flowmaster and magnaflow are both great exaust but you have to go with what you like the sound of. Well this is just my 2 cents hope it helped.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks a lot. I decided to go with the SI/DO magnaflows- getting them installed tomorrow . I'm going to wait awhile on the CAI and possible tuner, gotta accumulate a little moola. Thanks for your input.

Quick Reply: Brand New, well new to me, F150