Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bought K&N but no covers available?

Old 05-05-2015, 09:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question Bought K&N but no covers available?

Hey guys so I just picked up my new K&N cold air intake the other day but haven't taken it out of the box yet because it is uncovered. I work in construction so I'm constantly on dusty job sites and I didn't really think about it before I made the purchase but I would have to be cleaning this thing a lot more than normal plus I'm worried about all that dust getting through into the turbos. Its a 63 series for a 2013 ecoboost and I was wondering if anyone had the same issue and found a way around it with any aftermarket cover or if I should just return it and find another that is covered. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 05-05-2015, 09:17 PM

Received 2,527 Likes on 1,951 Posts

Exclamation

If you purchased it for engine bay cosmetics or increased growl you might (?) want to consider a pre-filter sock.

If you purchased it for ANY other reason - RETURN IT.

OEM, stock .....
  • already CAI.
    • Motorcraft, OEM air filters ...
      • meets|exceeds engine air intake CFM requirements. *UNLESS über engine, cylinder head, etc. are done.
      • good for 30,000+ miles (depending upon conditions).
      • ABSOLUTELY NO possibility of MAF sensor oil contamination.
      • dispose and replace maintenance.
  • any increase in air flow comes at the expense of filtration.
  • no contaminating the MAF sensor with oil. *Which reduces performance and MPG.
  • there are NO performance and/or MPG gains with aftermarket air intake systems. *If you're looking for performance and/or possible MPG gains, put your $$$$$ towards a tuner+tune(s).
The following users liked this post:
captainalex (05-05-2015)
Old 05-05-2015, 09:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gDMJoe
If you purchased it for engine bay cosmetics or increased growl you might (?) want to consider a pre-filter sock.

If you purchased it for ANY other reason - RETURN IT.

OEM, stock .....
  • already CAI.
    • Motorcraft, OEM air filters ...
      • meets|exceeds engine air intake CFM requirements. *UNLESS über engine, cylinder head, etc. are done.
      • good for 30,000+ miles (depending upon conditions).
      • ABSOLUTELY NO possibility of MAF sensor oil contamination.
      • dispose and replace maintenance.
  • any increase in air flow comes at the expense of filtration.
  • no contaminating the MAF sensor with oil. *Which reduces performance and MPG.
  • there are NO performance and/or MPG gains with aftermarket air intake systems. *If you're looking for performance and/or possible MPG gains, put your $$$$$ towards a tuner+tune(s).
A big reason for the purchase is for the growl in all honesty. The cosmetic is a bonus as well for small car gatherings in the summer. I'm not really looking for a performance increase from this, I just want that bit more noise. I read a few places about these filters letting in so much dust so its spooked me. I'll look into the sock though thanks!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bought K&N but no covers available?