Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best portable jack

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2015, 04:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Best portable jack

Hi,

I bought my truck used with 12k miles on it and mistakenly didn't check if the factory jack and demounting tool, (whatever it's called), was included. Found out the the hard way when I got a flat in the middle of nowhere WA.

Regardless, does anyone have suggestions for a good jack that will have enough rise to lift a leveled '13 F150 and fit in the factory location under the backseats? I measured from the frame down and got ~13.5" front and back. To buy the factory lift with its case is $180 at it's cheapest, $220ish if i buy from Ford. No thanks.

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-27-2015, 09:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not being a smart *** in any way but are you sure you checked in the right spot, the only reason I say this is because I just bought 2014 supercrew, was going thru the truck a couple of days later and thought my jack was missing, called the dealer to have them get me one, they told me to lift that tray out under the back seat and look under there, felt kind of stupid cause there it was
Old 11-27-2015, 09:35 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Check salvage yards.
Old 11-27-2015, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by YOUNG BOB
Not being a smart *** in any way but are you sure you checked in the right spot, the only reason I say this is because I just bought 2014 supercrew, was going thru the truck a couple of days later and thought my jack was missing, called the dealer to have them get me one, they told me to lift that tray out under the back seat and look under there, felt kind of stupid cause there it was
No worries, good insight. But yeah i removed the tray and it was empty. I found a good screw jack that fits in that space off amazon for cheap. I dont know if anyone cares but ill post the links tomorrow to what i bought, (im using my phone now). For a jack and lug set i paid i think ~$30 compared to buying stock set from Ford for $180.
Old 05-30-2016, 10:27 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Still got a link for that jack? Did it rise enough for a leveled F150?
Old 05-31-2016, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by dmonahan1
Still got a link for that jack? Did it rise enough for a leveled F150?

Amazon.com: Torin T10152 Scissor Jack - 1.5 Ton: Automotive Amazon.com: Torin T10152 Scissor Jack - 1.5 Ton: Automotive

This is what I got, small enough to fit in the standard jack location and it extends just enough to lift a tire off the ground. For the price and how many times I'll use it, (hopefully never), it'll get the job done.
Old 05-31-2016, 04:54 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Awesome. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Best portable jack