Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best lift available for 2014 f150?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2015, 12:20 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Best lift available for 2014 f150?

No bilstein, rancho, or fox lifts available. I want to do a full suspension lift, no blocking in the rear. What are my options?
Old 08-24-2015, 11:09 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by SparkyLU26
No bilstein, rancho, or fox lifts available. I want to do a full suspension lift, no blocking in the rear. What are my options?
How do you suppose to lift the rear if not with blocks? I have a Rough Country 4" lift on my truck. 4" up front and 2" blocks in back for a true lift/level.
Old 08-24-2015, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Rnlcomp
How do you suppose to lift the rear if not with blocks? I have a Rough Country 4" lift on my truck. 4" up front and 2" blocks in back for a true lift/level.

Springs.
Old 08-25-2015, 02:56 PM

Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts

Would help to know what your end goals are, and why you're anti-blocks in the rear.

Are you trying to lift your truck for looks and won't need it to tow/haul? Are you wanting to lift it and tow a horse trailer?

Information.
Old 08-25-2015, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Havyek
Would help to know what your end goals are, and why you're anti-blocks in the rear.

Are you trying to lift your truck for looks and won't need it to tow/haul? Are you wanting to lift it and tow a horse trailer?

Information.
Not for looks. I will still need it to tow and haul, I live in the mountains, long harsh winters and need to get to work if there's a foot of snow on the roads. Spend most of my time up in the mountains on old, unpaved logging roads. Hunting, camping, shooting guns, and other American ****
Old 08-25-2015, 07:08 PM

Blocks will give you the best ride quality, you go adding leafs back there and the ride will beat you to death. You can always put some air bags back there for extra heavy loads, that way you won't screw up the ride quality.
Old 08-25-2015, 07:21 PM

Blocks will give you the best ride quality, you go adding leafs back there and the ride will beat you to death. You can always put some air bags back there for extra heavy loads, that way you won't screw up the ride quality.
Aren't blocks purely cosmetic though? And can't they be detrimental to your rear axle with time, especially of you tow, haul, and go off road? Correct me if I'm wrong I really have no idea...just a couple things I've gathered while researching between the two.
Old 08-25-2015, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by SparkyLU26
Aren't blocks purely cosmetic though? And can't they be detrimental to your rear axle with time, especially of you tow, haul, and go off road? Correct me if I'm wrong I really have no idea...just a couple things I've gathered while researching between the two.
If you have a 4x4 it comes with blocks from the factory. The lift kit either stacks on top of or replaces the oem blocks.

They sit between the spring pack and the axle housing. The blocks are what gives the lift in the rear.
Old 08-25-2015, 11:05 PM

If you have a 4x4 it comes with blocks from the factory. The lift kit either stacks on top of or replaces the oem blocks.

They sit between the spring pack and the axle housing. The blocks are what gives the lift in the rear.

You can lift the rear without blocks. Stacking blocks sounds especially stupid if you plan on doing anything other than driving to the grocery store.

I'm just trying to find a lift kit that utilizes springs instead of blocks in the rear
Old 08-25-2015, 11:24 PM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Default BDS lift kits

My favorite from past experience. Had 4" BDS on my 02 f250. Rode great.

Quick Reply: Best lift available for 2014 f150?