Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Been a long time - now a question - Livernois Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2016, 07:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Been a long time - now a question - Livernois Tuner

Hey all, been like forever since I have been on this great site.

My 2011 F-150 Ecoboost I have had since it rolled off the line has 82,000 miles now with only the lead frame connector in the tranny being the sole thing needing to be worked on/replaced.

My question, now that I am long past warranty, I was considering getting the Livernois Tuner. Who on here has one installed and how would you rate it for its intended purpose. I'd like to get one but if there is a chance it might foul some things up now or in the future, I certainly wouldn't want to risk it.

Please chime in!
Old 08-22-2016, 12:36 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

All the research I've done regarding tuners for the EcoBoost points to Livernois being a very conservative tuner. That doesn't mean you don't get results, they just don't seem to push the engine as hard as some other shops. I have a 2016 and am looking at tuner options and Livernois is in the running as well. I guess the biggest downside is them using a proprietary tuner other than the SCT that locks you in to using only their tunes.
Old 08-22-2016, 06:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you keep me posted on which way you finally go?
Thanks!
Old 08-23-2016, 08:54 AM
F150 Forum

Received 546 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by techster82
All the research I've done regarding tuners for the EcoBoost points to Livernois being a very conservative tuner. That doesn't mean you don't get results, they just don't seem to push the engine as hard as some other shops.
That is not necessarily true. The difference is that we know where the line is. We will not voluntarily turn off knock sensors and other factory built safety systems just to make a big number on a dyno or a couple hot pass times. We have routinely done far more while not risking a client's vehicle also while utilizing fewer parts. That is the mark of a true tuner.

I have a 2016 and am looking at tuner options and Livernois is in the running as well. I guess the biggest downside is them using a proprietary tuner other than the SCT that locks you in to using only their tunes.
Our software allows us to have far more access to your ECU, and because we have more access our tuning files are much larger than most. We have had to go out and develop our own tuning hardware that is capable of accommodating our larger tuning files as well.
Old 08-23-2016, 08:56 AM
Some guy

Received 2,013 Likes on 1,281 Posts

All the research I've done regarding tuners for the EcoBoost points to Livernois being a very conservative tuner. That doesn't mean you don't get results, they just don't seem to push the engine as hard as some other shops. I have a 2016 and am looking at tuner options and Livernois is in the running as well. I guess the biggest downside is them using a proprietary tuner other than the SCT that locks you in to using only their tunes.
Are you saying the SCT will not let you use any other tunes? Because that's not true. Maybe I'm reading it wrong.
Old 08-23-2016, 09:48 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Martian
Are you saying the SCT will not let you use any other tunes? Because that's not true. Maybe I'm reading it wrong.
Yes, you're reading it wrong. The Tuner sold by Livernois is proprietary and won't allow you to use other companies tunes on it, unlike the SCT tuner which is supported by several different tuning shops.
Old 08-23-2016, 09:50 AM
Some guy

Received 2,013 Likes on 1,281 Posts

Okay, that makes sense. I knew that. I was reading it as you were saying the exact opposite.

I didn't sleep much last night
Old 10-12-2016, 08:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Livernois Motorsports
That is not necessarily true. The difference is that we know where the line is. We will not voluntarily turn off knock sensors and other factory built safety systems just to make a big number on a dyno or a couple hot pass times. We have routinely done far more while not risking a client's vehicle also while utilizing fewer parts. That is the mark of a true tuner.

Our software allows us to have far more access to your ECU, and because we have more access our tuning files are much larger than most. We have had to go out and develop our own tuning hardware that is capable of accommodating our larger tuning files as well.
Livernois.
I am a new owner of a 16 Plat 4x4 with 3.5 ecoboost. I do not know much about engines...Does your tune, boost HP and improve mileage? Does the result of the tune change based on using different octane gas and do I need to use a certain tune based on the gas I use or can i change as needed?My shifting up/down stinks and unless I am applying the gas, it seems to struggle. Does it affect anything else in the cars computer/systems that I will need to address?
Thanks,
Rookie
Old 02-23-2017, 01:35 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I used a Livernois tuner on my 2014 lariat super crew with 3.5 eco-boost. I was amazed at the extra power and drivability I received from the 91 perf. tune. Almost every aspect of the vehicle's drivability was improved. Shifting, throttle control, and of course lots more power! Very easy to plug in the tuner and switch tunes from towing, to stock, to performance. Livernois is super easy to work with - very friendly. I recently traded for a 2016 lariat with a 5.0L V8. For a small shipping fee, Livernois changed my programmer over to V8 tunes and I'm now using it on that truck with similar results. I would highly recommend Livernois. Considering getting their tuner for my 2016 mustang GT.
The following users liked this post:
Livernois Motorsports (02-28-2017)
Old 02-28-2017, 03:15 PM
F150 Forum

Received 546 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by krello
I used a Livernois tuner on my 2014 lariat super crew with 3.5 eco-boost. I was amazed at the extra power and drivability I received from the 91 perf. tune. Almost every aspect of the vehicle's drivability was improved. Shifting, throttle control, and of course lots more power! Very easy to plug in the tuner and switch tunes from towing, to stock, to performance. Livernois is super easy to work with - very friendly. I recently traded for a 2016 lariat with a 5.0L V8. For a small shipping fee, Livernois changed my programmer over to V8 tunes and I'm now using it on that truck with similar results. I would highly recommend Livernois. Considering getting their tuner for my 2016 mustang GT.
Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you Krello, our 5.0GT tune is fantastic!!!

Quick Reply: Been a long time - now a question - Livernois Tuner