Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bed lighting options

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 09:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bed lighting options

My 2015 XLT didn't come with the OEM led's in the bed. I have recently installed the undercover flex liner and am looking for a way to light the bed. to see under the cover at night.

Does anyone have any creative thoughts? Not looking to run wires through my brand new truck. Possibly a semi permanent solution? since neither the tonneau or the truck are steel I know magnets are out.

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-24-2016, 08:29 AM
Banned

Received 515 Likes on 451 Posts

Battery operated LED pods... bought all I can offer. You really need to put wired LED lights in there. I would not tap into any of the trailer/reverse lights because that'll throw the computer off as other's have noticed (plus it's not the RIGHT way to do it).

I'd bite the bullet, run a pair of wires (easy to do you can go right into the cab most likely in the rear, rather then running the wires all the way under the truck and in... but that's easy as well just follow the frame... you can actually run wires INSIDE the tubular frame if you need to, just put wire loom over them to protect them).

Then put them to a switch inside (okay that parts not as easy unless you use a surface mounted switch or the switch that came with lights).

A pair of small 4" cubes outta do the trick, one on each side, plenty of light.
Old 09-01-2016, 03:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

most of them on the market will require you to hard wire. A easy route to go would be using some LED touch lights. I had just recently seen this on the web but i don't call from where, I am looking it up. They had 8 LED pods that are connected to a battery box that has a push button.

Quick Reply: bed lighting options