Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BakFlip G2 problem!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 09:35 AM
Honey Boo Boo's Child

Received 107 Likes on 63 Posts

Default BakFlip G2 problem!

Has anyone experience the panels on their BakFlip having internal seperation and/or caving? I can push dwn on my panels and feel the gap between the black aluminum and the insulation. I also noticed water settling on the center of each panel, showing a bow in each panel.

A little difficult to explain, but some may have similar issues.
Old 11-18-2015, 09:43 AM

Received 334 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by RajunCajun84
Has anyone experience the panels on their BakFlip having internal seperation and/or caving? I can push dwn on my panels and feel the gap between the black aluminum and the insulation. I also noticed water settling on the center of each panel, showing a bow in each panel.

A little difficult to explain, but some may have similar issues.
I have the BakFlip F1 version and its been on my truck for almost 3 years now. I don't have any of the issues you mention. I do occasionally check the rail clamps and make sure they are tight as the rail running along the bed supports the panels above.
I would snap a few pics and send to BakFlip. I know the owner does most of the YouTube videos on his products and seems to be very involved with the company. I'm sure he would appreciate the input and may very well help you correct..... whatever that may end up being.(adjust or replace)
Good luck
Danny

Old 11-18-2015, 09:50 AM
Honey Boo Boo's Child

I may do just that. Dont get me wrong, I love my BakFlip! Just disappointed that just after 2 years its doing this... I will get some pictures tonight.
Old 11-19-2015, 08:43 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine seems to be wearing extremely fast and I also had the same issue as you.. As well as losing the finish on my cover.. I emailed them and within a week they are replacing my cover in full for free! I have the F1
Old 11-20-2015, 11:45 AM
Honey Boo Boo's Child

Originally Posted by Bair1218
Mine seems to be wearing extremely fast and I also had the same issue as you.. As well as losing the finish on my cover.. I emailed them and within a week they are replacing my cover in full for free! I have the F1
How old was it?
Old 11-21-2015, 11:53 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just shy of 3 years. But looked like that at about 2 or a little less
The following users liked this post:
RajunCajun84 (12-10-2015)
Old 12-10-2015, 12:56 PM
Honey Boo Boo's Child

Originally Posted by dannytexas
I have the BakFlip F1 version and its been on my truck for almost 3 years now. I don't have any of the issues you mention. I do occasionally check the rail clamps and make sure they are tight as the rail running along the bed supports the panels above.
I would snap a few pics and send to BakFlip. I know the owner does most of the YouTube videos on his products and seems to be very involved with the company. I'm sure he would appreciate the input and may very well help you correct..... whatever that may end up being.(adjust or replace)
Good luck
Danny

With enough bitching, looks like I'm getting a new replacement shipped to my house! Thank you sir!
Old 12-11-2015, 05:29 AM

Received 334 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by RajunCajun84
With enough bitching, looks like I'm getting a new replacement shipped to my house! Thank you sir!
squeaky wheel always gets the grease first.
Nice to hear you're getting a new one.
Danny
Old 12-18-2015, 02:30 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No problems with mine and it has been on since 2011.

Quick Reply: BakFlip G2 problem!