Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BakFlip Fibermax

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 05:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default BakFlip Fibermax

I installed a BAKFLIP FIBERMAX tonneau cover this week. It came down to the Fibermax vs. Fold-a-cover and I went with the Fibermax. I prefer how low it sits (inside bed rails), simplicity, and the way it flips up against the cab to get completely out of the way without having to take it off. Otherwise it was a pretty solid toss-up. I believe either cover would be fine. The foldacover has a locking mechanism, you can open it without opening the tailgate, and you can open the panel at the cab end of the bed by itself. Those are all good features, but didn’t put me over the edge.

The driver’s side bed rail arrived with damage to the inner (hidden bearing surface) portion of the rail (appeared to be damage from the factory, but could have been in shipping) which initially pissed me off. I started to return it, but in the end I chucked it in my vice and straightened the bend myself rather than send it back and hassle with it. Everything seems to be working fine and it looks great.

Installation took probably an hour or so. Not much to it.

The installation instructions need to be updated and should be vehicle-specific. That’s my only real complaint. If you don’t need a “shim” for instance, on my particular model of truck – it shouldn’t talk about shims.

It hasn’t gotten wet yet, but I’ll report back as to weatherproof-ness when it does.

In all I give the BakFlip FiberMax a thumbs up.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just installed a FiberMax on my 20013 F150 Limited today. Also put in a Bedrug mat over the sprayed in bed liner. Both went well and look very good. Would recommend both.

Quick Reply: BakFlip Fibermax