Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad experience with "4wheelonline.com" - ANYBODY ELSE?!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad experience with "4wheelonline.com" - ANYBODY ELSE?!!

Ok, Im not usually a bitcher and a whiner - but this is so nobody else has to go through the same thing I did. And if anyone has similar stories, PLEASE post them too!

Ill sum it up as quickly as I can without exact dates and times but should you need them - I can deliver...

A couple months ago I ordered a ProComp 6" Lift and 4 - 35 inch ProComp Tires from 4wheel online. TOTAL $ spent with them at the time = Just under $3000.00.

Because I live in Canada, it is WAY cheaper to have items ordered online shipped to a U.S. address because it saves on shipping charges. I use a parcel service in North Dakota and the drive down and back to pick up my parcels takes about 2 hours (plus the time it takes to go through customs.)

So I drove down to pick up my lift and tires, crossed the border, paid the taxes and drove home.

As you can imagine and identify with I was SUUUUUUPER pumped to have my tires mounted and lift installed 5 days later. (I had an appoointment, wasnt going to tackle the lift in my driveway.) So I took my 35 inch tires down to the tire shop to have them mounted.

The next day I received a call from the tire shop telling me they had bad news. 4wheelonline.com had shipped me 4 - 35" tires indeed as requested, BUT they sent me 3 tires for a 20" rim and ONE tire for an 18" rim!
There I was all set to go with my mods and I only had three out of 4 wheels.

I phoned the sales rep at 4wheelonline immediately and and asked if he could have the correct tire (that I had already ordered and PAID FOR) sent to me in the next four days so that I didnt miss the appointment for my lift.

He explained to me that this had happened quite a few times before and that they thought it might be a disgruntled employee who was doing this intentionally.

He told me that the best they could do was ship out the correct tire but it was going to be sent to the U.S. address and it was going to take two weeks unless I wanted to pay for the express shipping. He also told me that I had to PAY for the tire because I hadnt yet sent the 18" tire back to them yet. (They would refund that money once they had received the tire I sent back)

So here I am - best case scenario: Spend another $325.00+ on the tire I had already ordered and paid for and WAIT two weeks to receive it.

OR

Return the wrong tire to them, WAIT two weeks until they receive it and then WAIT another two weeks to receive the correct tire I originally ordered and paid for. (Then I get to make another two hour trip and cross two borders and re-pay the taxes to go and pick it up.)

I asked the guy at 4wheelonline if he understood who's fault this was and if he understood good customer service. I mentioned to him that I had already held up "my part of the deal" and paid for the tires. I mentioned to him that I had just spent almost Three thousand dollars with his company and would like to spend more if he was willing to make this right. I asked him to maybe give me a little credit and show some "good will" and send me the correct tire right away and trust that I would ship him back the incorrect tire at the same time. But he still stood his ground. Even though he had my name, my address, and my credit card number - he was not going to budge. If I wanted to receive what I had paid for already, I was going to have to spend another $325.00 wait two weeks and cancel my lift appointment.

So what did I do??

I cancelled the lift. I sent back their tire (they paid the shipping) and I bought the correct tire locally at a higher cost.

I waited two weeks to receive my refund cheque before calling them. "Albert" assured me that it had been sent already and to wait another week. After that week, still no refund cheque - I phoned them again. Same story.

After numerous phone calls, 6 weeks of: "it's in the mail" and threatening legal action, the cheque finally showed up.

Please take this into consideration when ordering online. I have bought the remainder of my mods from other awesome online retailers and I have nothing but great experiences. If you'd like a recommendation I'd be happy to send you a private message, as I dont want this to look like an endorsement for anyone else. It is what it is - bad customer service and incompetence from a company who could care less about your business.

After all was said and done, my project that should have been finished 5 days after receiving the parts was completed. Two months later.

Don't buy from 4wheelonline.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah I had a bad experience with this site too. I ordered a soft roll-up tonneau cover for my truck because It was really cheap and needed one. It took a Month to receive the cover. I ordered from there, and will never order from them again... And I live in the USA and it still took a Month.
Old 08-01-2010, 01:37 PM

I wish I had seen these posts a week ago! I just ordered a rollbak cover for my truck. Got a confirmation email that they had received the web order. It's been a week, no update. The place it should ship from is only a couple of hours away. I've sent an email requesting shipping information.

What's weird is I checked the charges on my credit card. All was well initially. Now I see they've charged me an additional $50, which I suspect is for the "FREE" $50 gas card. I'll be calling them tomorrow on that one. One nice thing about using my credit card is the ability to deny charges if I need to. I also have no problem reporting bad businesses to the BBB.

If they come through with what they promised, I'll give them praise. They try anything funny, I'll spread the word...
Old 08-04-2010, 11:46 AM
OIF VET - BRZ *

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Crap...I just bought fender flares from them last night. I hope all goes well or I'll be a P.O.'d ****
Old 09-08-2010, 03:53 PM

I'm glad I didn't read this thread before I did business with them or it would have scared me off.
I couldn't resist the $619 out-the-door price on the BakFlip G2 for my '09 F150 Screw. It arrived in 4 days--much better than the advertised 10-14 days. It arrived in good condition (free shipping) and installed with no problems.
The phone experience is a little different. They're not your "Good afternoon sir, what can I do for you" exuberant types. In fact, I'd swear I woke the guy up. But they got my order right and I had it in almost record time. Hopefully I'm not the exception.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:59 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That place is bad news. If you have time read this thread on another forum.
http://www.f150online.com/forums/sus...ease-read.html
Old 09-08-2010, 04:46 PM
big cube 426

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i also had a bad time dealing with them.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:41 AM
Black & Chrome

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Wish I had found this thread about a week ago. Just ordered a set of Bushwacker Pocket Flares and a set of chrome lug nuts from them last Monday. I called in my order and the rep. on the phone told me that they would possibly ship out the same day, but definately by the next day at the latest. He also told me that I would receive a confirmation email with my order and it's now 4 days later and I have still not received an email. I've also been watching my credit card statement online and it just now was charged for my order, so I'm assuming that it hasn't even shipped out yet either. Luckily, I'm not in a rush to have these, but it does frustrate me that they haven't done what they said they would so far. Maybe I will be one of the lucky few to get my correct order...who knows.

If I would have found this thread and the other one on f150online a few days ago, I would not have placed this order with them. Really the only reason I went with them in the first place is because the flares were about $100 cheaper than anywhere else that I found them.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:31 PM

Received 113 Likes on 88 Posts

Ive actually had good experiences with them, granted my orders where not in $3000 range. While I've only used them a handfull of times I've never been disapointed.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish I had come across this sooner. I've been waiting for almost a month for my cover $740 order... And haven't so much received a tracking number. And don't even mention the fact that they are down right impossible to get ahold of

Quick Reply: Bad experience with "4wheelonline.com" - ANYBODY ELSE?!!