Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Backup Camera Installation Problems.

Old 06-08-2008, 08:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Backup Camera Installation Problems.

Hey All....
Here is my first question for this forum.
I bought an Audiovox backup cam from BestBuy for about $300. It has a mirror display and a camera mounted on the back bumper near the plate. I have just about everything figured out except where and how to run the cam cable. I have searched all day looking for some of you that have done something like this. There is good info out there but nothing showing how they got the cable from the back to inside of the cab and have it look good. I tried to get the backseat out with zero luck. (I have a supercrew cab)
Anyone know how to route the cable?
TNX....
Old 06-09-2008, 08:13 AM
FULL BLOODED AMERICAN!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Crank there are several ways to run it. When I used to install audio sytems in beds we would sometimes run cables/power wires along the frame under the doors then into the cab through the firewall. I've done over 30 systems like that and never had a problem after years of them being installed.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:21 AM

That sounds like a good way to do it. Is the firewall plug easy to get to? Passenger side or driver?
TNX Triton
Old 06-09-2008, 11:02 AM

Theres a plug right by the front of the passenger side door you could run it through. If you take off the plastic molding piece along the floor, look right under where it meets the molding that comes down the chassis by the front of the door...it's hard to describe the location but its under the door molding by the passengers feet. That way you don't need to go all the way up through the firewall.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Turd Ferguson
Theres a plug right by the front of the passenger side door you could run it through. If you take off the plastic molding piece along the floor, look right under where it meets the molding that comes down the chassis by the front of the door...it's hard to describe the location but its under the door molding by the passengers feet. That way you don't need to go all the way up through the firewall.
Sounds good. TNX. I'll give it a go.
Has anyone used the Audiovox mirror cam? I used the $100 wireless unit before with very little good. I hope for $300 it should be at least 3 times better.
Yeah... Right....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Backup Camera Installation Problems.