Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B&M Towing vs Street Strip Shift Kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B&M Towing vs Street Strip Shift Kit

-I had a longer lag between 1st & 2nd, and the E4OD started slipping only when it was not fully warmed up. Sooooo...

-I installed the B&M Electronic Shift Improver that i've had lay'n around for who knows how many years now. on setting #1 it shifts much quicker & at higher RPM's which is better for my tire size and gearing. and OD only engages beyond 55mph i believe. Setting level #2 is good for offroad b/c the shift is much harder and an even higher RPM shift point.

-I also have a B&M Shift Kit with the valve body springs and what-not. Does anyone have experience with how the B&M Shift Kit performs and any suggestions to why you do or do not like the B&M Kit. The kit is "2 kits in 1", one is Towing and the second is Streed Strip. I'd like to use the Towing(#1kit) because I've got 41" tires and 4:88's in the diff and will be towing a chopper trailer among other dirt and yard trailers with the occasional towing a project car on a large flatbed.

-when I install a kit I'd like to tighten the bands too...any HOW-TO's??

-also wanted is a deep trans pan and a second or larger cooler with an electric fan on a dash switch for just the trans cooler. ideas on what you did to your f150 would help me a lot

THANKS
Old 10-05-2012, 01:27 PM

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

I would be interested in this info also so I'm going to bump this tread.

Quick Reply: B&M Towing vs Street Strip Shift Kit