Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone try the Hypertech Hyperpac programmer?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 09:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone try the Hypertech Hyperpac programmer?

The Hyperpac is the Hypertech touchscreen programmer that won awards when it was first introduced at SEMA a couple years ago. Havn't seen any test reviews. Anyone try one? It is apparently the same as their power programmer with the addition of touchscreen and some additional features.

How are the Hypertech power programs?
Anyone use the dyno feature on the powerpac?
Old 02-20-2009, 10:01 AM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Once again. Why buy a programmer that was built by a company that cracked Fords codes rather than one built by engineers that worked at Ford. Just asking...
Old 02-20-2009, 11:04 AM
Notorious Thread Editor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by reginhild
The Hyperpac is the Hypertech touchscreen programmer that won awards when it was first introduced at SEMA a couple years ago. Havn't seen any test reviews. Anyone try one? It is apparently the same as their power programmer with the addition of touchscreen and some additional features.

How are the Hypertech power programs?
Anyone use the dyno feature on the powerpac?
Oh yeah...for a limited time you could get the POS for $500 instead of $1000. As stated above by NGM...these things are second rate when compared to the SCT tuners that you could get custom tuned for your truck for $400.
Old 02-21-2009, 03:40 AM

Other than SCT is better comments, has anyone tried one?

I am interested in the dyno and dragstrip functions with the touch screen - do they work?

Secondary, what if any HP/Torque increase with the canned (not as good as SCT) program?

P.S.: if you have dyno results of the non-touch screen version please let me know as well - I'm assuming it is the same canned program Hypertech uses in the touchscreen version.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:01 AM

Ok, been searching the web a bit for examples of use. So far found 1 guy using the Hyperpac Max Energy on a 2007 GMC 4.8L and getting a 3 mpg increase: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t=10413&page=2 no dyno info. His 3 mpg improvement is based on driving 8000 miles before and 8000 miles after - sounds fairly valid.

Still wondering if the Hyperpac is the same canned tune as the Max Energy (non touch screen).

Last edited by reginhild; 02-21-2009 at 06:03 AM.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:11 AM
Notorious Thread Editor

Originally Posted by reginhild
Other than SCT is better comments, has anyone tried one?

I am interested in the dyno and dragstrip functions with the touch screen - do they work?

Secondary, what if any HP/Torque increase with the canned (not as good as SCT) program?

P.S.: if you have dyno results of the non-touch screen version please let me know as well - I'm assuming it is the same canned program Hypertech uses in the touchscreen version.
Hmm..well I will try and locate some and see what I can find.

As for the Dyo fx.......it is not gonna be the same as a dyno. The SCT and my gryphon both datalog HP, TQ, 0-60, 1/4 mile etc....the SCT does fuel trims etc just like a dyno.......

It is not a matter of mine or his is better or just have blind faith, it boils down to reason.

Custom tuned vehicle w/ years more R&D and tuning time and experience......or a cookie cutter that is supposed to good for 100"s of different possibilites.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:23 AM
Notorious Thread Editor

Here is a bit of a review from a Vette site...these are GM obviously so no ford reference and the Hypertech guys chimes in a few lines down....so gonna pull teh BS flag on the review just for General Purposes.

http://www.smokinvette.com/corvettef...ead.php?t=7844

Quick Reply: Anyone try the Hypertech Hyperpac programmer?