Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have a Fold-a-Cover?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 06:51 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Anyone have a Fold-a-Cover?

Does anyone have one of these and if so how do you like it, how long have you had it, how was installation, and how much did you pay for it? They seem to be some pretty nice covers!

http://www.foldacover.com/photos-and-video/
Old 03-07-2014, 10:50 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have one. I am very pleased with it. I have had it for almost a year. I paid somewhere around $700 including shipping and a two year warranty. I like the fact that you can open the cover from both the front and rear. I also like the latch and locking mechanism, very secure for a cover. I also like how it sets on top of the rails instead of flush like many others. I almost bought the Back flip of one of the others, but I didn't like how it used a wire to engage the latches used to secure/lock the cover, and the fact that some of the others block the rear window when fully opened.

Installation was a bit more involved than some of the others. The instructions are very detailed and if you are pretty good at installing/reading directions, you should be fine. It takes a bit of work to line up the latches and strikers, but once everything is lined up, it works good. It is nearly watertight and is NOT WATERPROOF. When I wash my truck, some water gets in, but not a lot.

I like the fact that it opens into 4 sections instead of 3. I took the cover off for the first time last week and it only took a few minutes and a couple of bolts. When you remove the cover, you only remove the cover itself and leave the frame.

Overall, I believe this to be as good as any other cover on the market right not. Make sure everything is lined up nice and square when you install it and you will be fine.

I can take a picture and post it tomorrow if you like.

Jason
Old 03-08-2014, 02:02 PM

Yeah some pics would be great!
Old 03-09-2014, 06:50 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Here are a few pictures I took this afternoon
Attached Images    

Last edited by Merlin3e9; 03-09-2014 at 07:11 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Mike7755 (03-21-2014)
Old 03-10-2014, 04:38 PM

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

If you get one, get the G4 Elite, not the LS.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:41 PM

Cool thanks for the pictures! Yeah I was leaning towards the G4, seems quite a bit better that the LS.
Old 03-12-2014, 03:08 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

one thing to keep in mind too is that that particular cover does not sit flush with the box so it will be raised which to me was a deal breaker. I think it looks kinda cheap compared to covers that sit flush in the box (bakflip, undercover )
Old 03-12-2014, 07:52 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I have one. In general I like it, but the rear seal would not stick AT ALL in the area of the latch. I thing that they is silicone sealant under the latch assembly. I suspect that some idiot wiped some residue and until I sand that side nothing is going to stick. The company did treat me OK. They sent me a replacement seal when the original one got ruined pealing it off the side that did stick. I have had it almost a year, and just never bothered to work on it.
Old 11-01-2014, 03:16 PM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Default G4 Elite

Originally Posted by Merlin3e9
It is nearly watertight and is NOT WATERPROOF. When I wash my truck, some water gets in, but not a lot.
Where does it leak? Does it leak around the tailgate and trickle down? Any water leakage around the hinges of the panels? How well does it seal on the outside perimeter? How is the security? Thanks!

Quick Reply: Anyone have a Fold-a-Cover?