Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

any comments on extang trifecta?

Old 03-29-2014, 06:54 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Default any comments on extang trifecta?

I'm seeing sales on amazon right now, delivered for under $350. I was thinking about a bakflip G2 (or potentially throwing more money to get the fibermax), but I'm starting to wonder if $350 for a cover would be sufficient. Who here has used an extand Trifecta? Does it 'rattle?' Is there any reason to avoid it?
Old 04-09-2014, 06:33 AM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

bump
Old 04-11-2014, 03:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had mine about a year. No rattles or any other problems. It's lightweight and does the job well.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had mine for 2 years and love it. No rattling, no leaks, no fading, no issues. For the price that you mentioned, I would get it, I don't think you'll be disappointed....
Old 04-15-2014, 04:23 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had mine for around 2 years as well and like it a lot. Sometimes I think I'd rather have the hard plastic version but honestly, this one has been great. Easy on and off. Super easy operation. Looks great.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a Trifecta on a Tacoma for 6 years. It was a great cover! One of the weather seals peeled off the frame after about 5 years, but a $3 gorilla glue fix took care of that. The only noise you'll hear is a slight flapping of the vinyl in the wind, but I only heard it when I opened the windows. I will say it's not 100% "electronics" waterproof, but I have never issue putting suitcases or the like underneath the cover in heavy weather.

I was very happy with the trifecta, so much so that I bought an extang e-max for my 2013 F-150. Its the same soft cover as the trifecta, but you can open it up all the way like a bakflip, rather than leaving 1/3 of the cover down all the time.

You'll probably have good luck with amazon since they report how many covers they actually have in stock, but if you order from an online retailer, be wary because most retailers don't stock the covers. They ship directly from Extang. Extang recently moved to a new manufacturing facility and they are still catching up on backorders, so it could take you 5 or 6 weeks. As long as you are ok with the wait, it's a great product.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: any comments on extang trifecta?