Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AMP Steps Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 08:13 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default AMP Steps Question

I plan on doing a 4" lift and new wheels and tires shortly. Now I'm thinking I want some AMP steps as well. Is it unreasonable to think that not having any steps that stick out increases the chance of rock dings to the cab and/or bed? I can't remember the wheel offset but want to say I was told the tires will stick out about an inch and a half.
Old 04-01-2015, 01:55 AM

Received 1,523 Likes on 1,203 Posts

Originally Posted by Wreck 'Em FX4
I plan on doing a 4" lift and new wheels and tires shortly. Now I'm thinking I want some AMP steps as well. Is it unreasonable to think that not having any steps that stick out increases the chance of rock dings to the cab and/or bed? I can't remember the wheel offset but want to say I was told the tires will stick out about an inch and a half.
I do t think so, some say that you will get rock chips but the boards do cover a good bit of rocker. As to door dings, no protection there as they tuck up under. I guess if you wanted protection you could just close door and leave foot on board keeping it in the down position when in tight parking.
The following users liked this post:
Wreck 'Em FX4 (04-08-2015)
Old 04-08-2015, 02:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have AMP steps and unfortunately the driver side of my truck is riddled with rock chips. MY passenger side on the other hand has none. Honestly I love the steps. I cant recommend them enough. I'd say buy them just invest in some good mud flaps.
Old 04-08-2015, 03:58 AM

Received 871 Likes on 695 Posts

I been having AMPs for about 20K miles, and don't have any chips in the side of my truck and to add about a month ago I added 1.5" wheels spacers. The side of the truck is still dent/chip free!

Wayne
Old 04-09-2015, 09:18 PM

Received 209 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by RAMourelatos
I have AMP steps and unfortunately the driver side of my truck is riddled with rock chips. MY passenger side on the other hand has none. Honestly I love the steps. I cant recommend them enough. I'd say buy them just invest in some good mud flaps.
Ok, maybe it is just me but that doesn't make any sense at all. How can one side be so bad but not anything on the other?
Old 04-13-2015, 03:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're telling me.... trust me I'd like for them to be chip free. Just wasn't in the cards on the driver side. Was on the highway and something hit the side of the truck pretty hard. Scared the wife :P

Quick Reply: AMP Steps Question