Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Lift Wiring Help

Old 03-22-2015, 02:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Air Lift Wiring Help

Good evening, I have a 2013 F150 5.0L XLT Super Crew 4X4. I recently installed a set of Air Lift air bags with on board compressor and single analog gauge. I cannot figure out how to wire the gauge for back lighting. I've read all kinds of stuff and have attempted it a couple times. I need to find a fuse in my fuse panel that only has power when the headlights, parking lights, etc. are turned on. After finding a fuse that powers the parking lights I ran a wire from that fuse to the gauge and it worked but the parking and gauge lights are always on. I'm sure it cant be that hard since there is only two plugs from the back of the gauge. I'm assuming one for ground and one for power. Anything will help. Thanks
Old 03-22-2015, 08:36 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

It sounds like you could be back feeding the fuse from another power source since you are bypassing the switch. I am ordering the same kit this week, trying to figure out a good place to mount the gauge.
what is the approximate length and diameter of the gauge?
The following users liked this post:
jcoff (03-23-2015)
Old 03-23-2015, 01:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by taxgod4u
It sounds like you could be back feeding the fuse from another power source since you are bypassing the switch. I am ordering the same kit this week, trying to figure out a good place to mount the gauge.
what is the approximate length and diameter of the gauge?

I'm not sure of the size but its the standard 3" I think. as far as back feeding, there are only two post on the back of the gauge. I have one going to ground and the other going to the fuse box for power.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Air Lift Wiring Help