Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket Torsion Bars for 97-03 F150

Old 06-23-2016, 05:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Aftermarket Torsion Bars for 97-03 F150

Great News!! Until now there have been ZERO aftermarket torsion bar replacements for the 97-03 Ford F150. I have been working with WWW.SWAYAWAY.COM (Brian Skipper) to create the first aftermarket 7700lb + 15% torsion bar. Extensive measuring and research were done and ill receive my set in 5 weeks. They come powder coated red and are about 900.00. These year fords came in 51in and 55 1/2 in torsion bars. Most super crews are 51in. If you ordered heavy duty from ford to accomadate a winch or snow plow you would have ordered the 55 1/2. I have a 6in fabtech on my 03 w/ 37in toyo tires and my truck is all over the road. I have replaced inner/outer ties, upper/lower A's, pittman, idler, sway bar bushings, front steering shocks, steering gear box, steering shaft, 4 new fabtech stealth shocks, added rear leaf and re-sprung rear leaf springs and im still all over the road. Its the torsions. Good news if you are bouncing everywhere you dont have to spend all the money i did- just go get the new torsions. Tell Brian Chad sent you. Hes been trying to get into the Fords for some time now. Good luck!
Attached Images  
The following users liked this post:
McMillin74 (08-30-2023)
Old 06-23-2016, 05:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PS- yes those are bolted bushwackers on a stepside =) Bushwacker says it cant be done, i disagree=)
Old 08-30-2023, 07:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Torsion Bars for 97-03 F150

They’re $1,699.00 now. I just ordered a set. I have a 01 super crew. 6” Fabtech Lift frame down Everything is brand new.I have 37” TOYO RT Open Country tires on it. I have the same Bushwacker, both on fender flares. I have the flare side bed. Bushwacker said that they wouldn’t work, but I disagreed. LoL But I still have the stalk Torsion Bars on. After I put everything on and new keys my front end has dropped close to 3” now in about a 2 mounts time Frame. Now my Front Tires will rub some time when I turn. My Stalk Torsion bars are just shot out. I’ve had them maxed out for years. I looked and did searches for companies that made them and was having No Luck At All. So I was about ready to start looking at salvage yards. Then I just happened to come across your post about Aftermarket Torsion bars for 97 to 03. Went to there site www.swayaway.com looked at the Bars and then called them that day. They answered all my questions. Then I ordered a set that day. They come powder coated Red. A lot of my suspension and lift kit is Blue. So I’m having my buddy powder, coat them blue for me to match the rest of my suspension. I don’t have them on yet. My buddy still has them. He’s hoping to get to them this week or next. He has a body shop and he’s been slammed. He helped me totally repaint my whole truck.
I just wanted to tell you Thank You👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼
Your post/thread saved me from having to look at salvage yards. Then take the gamble of buying another set that are wore out like mine were.
Thank You So Much Again

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Aftermarket Torsion Bars for 97-03 F150