Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket Brush guard suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 08:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Brush guard suggestions

Hey guys, I'm looking to add some extra protection to my 2010 F150 I'm looking for a brush guard/grille guard/bumper. Does anyone have any suggestions? Looking for functionality here (pretty much a plain Jain black one) I want it to take the force of and impact of hitting a deer with minimal damage to the truck, not really looking to break the bank on buying one though. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Old 01-13-2017, 11:48 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Can't say I can help any, but can say that hitting a deer does suck. I bought a 16 F150 back in late December and hit a deer last weekend (and didn't have a grille guard when it happened). Once I get the grille and some other stuff on mine fixed, I'm going to have to think about getting one myself.
Old 01-13-2017, 12:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bojesphob
Can't say I can help any, but can say that hitting a deer does suck. I bought a 16 F150 back in late December and hit a deer last weekend (and didn't have a grille guard when it happened). Once I get the grille and some other stuff on mine fixed, I'm going to have to think about getting one myself.
That sucks. I got one on New Year's Day coming back from a Snowmobile trip he ran into the side of the truck made two small dents and a nice scratch, then today my buddy got one head on. That's when I made the call to look at some extra protection. I'm looking at the ranch hand legend but I'm seeing if anyone else has any suggestions. Good luck with the repairs!
Old 01-13-2017, 10:40 PM

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

I have the fab fours premium bumper and I'm confident I could run over a herd of deer. This bumper is tough.
Its brutally heavy so if you aren't going to get a winch consider the vengeance bumper as its half the weight. I'm confidentthat in order to eliminate sag I'll need heavier duty front suspension after I toss the winch on the front of my bumper.

http://fabfours.com/product/premium-front-bumper-3/

http://fabfours.com/product/vengeance-front-bumper/