Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 10:51 AM

Received 387 Likes on 274 Posts

Default Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge

Here is my review of the Aeroforce Interceptor gauge.

This review is my opinion and my experience, yours may vary.

The gauge is a digital readout and fits in a standard gauge pod hole @ 2 1/16". The gauge reads through the OBDII port on your vehicle and will read many different parameters directly, in real time through your trucks computer.

The parameters will vary due to the vehicle it is connected to, mine is a 2011 EcoBoost.

I purchased the gauge to primarily monitor AFR, knock, Cat temp. (close to EGT), IAT and boost. It is capable of reading more than that.

I feel the purpose of the gauge is awesome, no wireless or BT link, no cutting into boost lines, or adding sensors, just plug and play, gets power and everything from the OBD II, totally simple to install, literally plug and play.

The appearance of the gauge is pretty good, there are several customizable options.

It was packaged nicely.

Those are pretty much all the positives I have for the gauge.

The negatives are the following.

Gauge start up is erratic. Sometimes it boots up immediately as I start the truck. Most often it comes on randomly. Few hundred feet down the road, frequently it will not come on for 2 or 3 miles of driving. This morning I drove my kids to school, 2 miles, and it never even came on! I do not understand this as the gauge is powered by the OBD II, which is obviously on because the truck is running. I have yet to receive an answer from Aeroforce is this is a normal function or not.

The instructions, or lack there of are incredibly bad. The lack of customer service and being approved for their "forum" in a timely manner to get customer service was poor in my opinion. No phone number to call for service.

The buttons to scroll through and choose options are poor and work about 1/2 the time.

The screen is difficult to read when wearing polarized sunglasses, I hate this.

So while I feel there is potential for the gauge, I would gladly pay a bit more for a better functioning gauge.
Old 09-16-2014, 04:14 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

well 2 things. I ran a few of these gauges for a while.

The startup is not normal. Your may be defective.

The buttons working half the time:
I had this on mine. When you were installing if you turned the bezel at all to get the face angle straight, more then likely the face is wedging the button and sometimes not clicking, or acting as if the button is held in.

Look close and you will see the holes cut are just slightly larger then the buttons and if the plastic is rubbing the button at all, it is not lined up well.

This can also be whats causing your device to have improper start up. If one or both of the buttons is pressed in while turning it on, I think that does something.

For the Polarized issue, you can invert the display, also change the brightness.
Old 09-16-2014, 04:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Alternatively you can send it to me and I will give it happy home ;-)

Quick Reply: Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge