Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice on which sct to go with

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 02:44 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Advice on which sct to go with

I'm looking into getting the sct programmer for my truck(2014 stx f150 5.0) and would like to have a few people chime in about which one to choose and why. I have the livewire and the x4 in mind. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-19-2015, 03:17 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Have the x4 my self, very compact and does everything I need it to. Also nice that it has wifi built in for updating the device. You also get 5 custom tunes for life and they offer an optional powertrain warranty for peace of mind. I'll let the description page tell the rest of the story....

http://www.stage3motorsports.com/701...ar-Tuning.html
Old 03-19-2015, 03:30 PM

Sounds great! Thank you. And I like the fact that there are free tunes for life and that there are 3 free custom tunes also. Great deal. I appreciate it.
Old 03-19-2015, 03:36 PM

I see there is an option for coupon code. Does anyone happen to have one that is valid to use on my order for the programmer?
Old 03-19-2015, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Skoty422
Sounds great! Thank you. And I like the fact that there are free tunes for life and that there are 3 free custom tunes also. Great deal. I appreciate it.
It comes with 3 canned tunes from sct, plus they used to give 5 custom tunes from 5*, don't bother with the eco tune, that's a turd out the gate, these are the custom tunes I run, last one being from MPT.

Don't have a coupon code but for the price it cant be beat considering what you get.

Last edited by RLXXI; 03-19-2015 at 04:14 PM.
Old 03-19-2015, 04:28 PM

I see ew, then pt, then ptw
Ew is economy I'm assuming. And pt is performance tow. What is ptw for?

Also, they give you the three canned tunes then 3 custom tunes for free. The other two custom tunes charge you $10 each.
Old 03-19-2015, 06:28 PM

I see ew, then pt, then ptw
Ew is economy I'm assuming. And pt is performance tow. What is ptw for?

Also, they give you the three canned tunes then 3 custom tunes for free. The other two custom tunes charge you $10 each.
Correct, economy and performance tow, the W is warranty I guess so they can keep track of them in the event a warranty claim is made. I bought the extra power train warranty for peace of mind.

When I bought mine they were giving 5 custom tunes, I chose based on any traveling I might do, some places don't have 93 or even 91, Oklahoma comes to mind, been up there a few times for training.

If I were to choose the 3 custom tunes I would go 87pt, 91pt and 93pt, good over all balance if you travel any. The last tune came from MPT, love the way it firms up the shifting, reminds me of how it felt back in the day when we would put shift kits in the trannies. Also the MPT tunes turn your tow/haul button into what might be considered a performance/touring mode switch, tames the shift points back to something more along the lines of cruising around town.

When you load custom tunes it disables all the canned tunes.

Your going to freak when you drive your truck after you load a custom tune, night and day difference.
The following users liked this post:
Skoty422 (03-24-2015)
Old 03-19-2015, 07:11 PM

Well I bought this POS hypertech cause I only planned to do cai and flow masters for a good while. But it hasn't helped performance but a tiny bit. But it definitely improved my fuel mileage by 2mpg. It's just not performing like I would like and I keep hearing good things about custom tunes so ima give it a shot.
I live in Houston with a short stop and go ,with traffic and more traffic, to and from work. Can't even use power if I wanted to. So I def want a fuel efficient ride, with power when I want it.

Now when you tune with the sct, can it be done while driving?
Old 03-19-2015, 07:45 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the SCT iTSX. It doesn't come with canned tunes but I got 3 from 5 star. Like Rnlcomp said the economy tunes are turds. I run the 89 pt and the 93 pt.
The following users liked this post:
Skoty422 (03-24-2015)
Old 03-19-2015, 07:46 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well I bought this POS hypertech cause I only planned to do cai and flow masters for a good while. But it hasn't helped performance but a tiny bit. But it definitely improved my fuel mileage by 2mpg. It's just not performing like I would like and I keep hearing good things about custom tunes so ima give it a shot.
I live in Houston with a short stop and go ,with traffic and more traffic, to and from work. Can't even use power if I wanted to. So I def want a fuel efficient ride, with power when I want it.

Now when you tune with the sct, can it be done while driving?
Not with the SCT iTSX.

Quick Reply: Advice on which sct to go with