Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6" Pro Comp Lift

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 11:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 6" Pro Comp Lift

I need some help! - I have a 6" Stage 1 Pro Comp lift on my 06 Ford F150 FX4 Crew. I had the add a leafs put in and a front wheel alignment after install. The guys at the local spring shop claims that they can not get the negative camber to adjust out of the front. Is there anything I can do to help this problem. I do not want to wear the inside of my brand new grapplers out, plus it doesn't look right. Will adding an adjustable coilover get it out?
Old 05-05-2009, 12:19 PM

Just to let anyone know that is having problems with the negative camber on their lift kits. I e-mailed Pro-Comp directly and was responded by Jeff Blakely from Pro-Comp (a real big help), He stated that they had run a batch of steering knuckles with different specs that other cases are having the same problem -negative camber adjustment- He is to let me know when new knuckles are released and trade in for core.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Big Bob
I need some help! - I have a 6" Stage 1 Pro Comp lift on my 06 Ford F150 FX4 Crew. I had the add a leafs put in and a front wheel alignment after install. The guys at the local spring shop claims that they can not get the negative camber to adjust out of the front. Is there anything I can do to help this problem. I do not want to wear the inside of my brand new grapplers out, plus it doesn't look right. Will adding an adjustable coilover get it out?
Hey was reading your post and was wondering did you have the guy at the shop you took it to do the whole lift kit or you also did some yourself?i am looking to get to know someone that has knowledge in this area and your kinda not that far from me to help me out my mine on next summer and also get to know more truck ppl and get together form some runs and things like that if this all ok with you??i am either getting the same kit you have or the fabtech.well hoe to hear from ya ya,thanks brother,by the way,bad as truck bro
Old 05-05-2009, 02:08 PM

I did my 97 F150 myself and had the add-a-leafs put in. This one was installed by Burke Spring and Alignment in Tilton Il. I know the manager there, so he took care of it. But, now that the front spindles might be bad - I am changing those out myself and an installing the Bilstein adjustable front struts. I will prob have to take the springs to him to have them broke down, I believe you have to unload and pre-load those units to change struts.
Take care.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:23 PM

Default Good Deal!!!

Well after talking to Pro-Comp for about two weeks my new spindles should be arriving this Thursday, May 21. They have machined corrective specs into the spindles to get my truck to a better camber setting with adjustment. The good part is they are taking care of with NO CHARGE! - Hell YeaH!! All they ask is that I send my old ones back to them.

I am going to install this weekend - then Update my pics
Old 06-06-2009, 07:18 AM

Default Update

Well it is now June 6th and the new spindles did help a little but not what we wanted. I sent my old ones back so Pro-Comp could compare numbers from old to new. They are now looking at the lower cross members. The new cross members have a a 7/16" offset on the camber settings to give it more draw on the bottom of the tire. They sent them out yesterday so I should be able to update in about a week.

If anyone has a problem with there Pro-Comp lift - Jeff Blakely is the guy to talk to.

Big Bob

Quick Reply: 6" Pro Comp Lift