Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.4 flowmaster 44 vs. magnaflows HELP

Old 09-27-2013, 06:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5.4 flowmaster 44 vs. magnaflows HELP

Hello I have a 2000 5.4 xlt f150... I want something the is loud and can hear good in cab... But something that also sounds good and with a deep tone I would like the supper 44s but they don't make a kit for my truck... Also would not want to get pulled over for being to loud... If I bought a 44 muffler what pipe should I get? (I want dual)... I am 16 and don't know much about trucks don't rip on me to hard but as it right now it's all stock besides a leveling kit and 31" all terrains.... I want exhaust and k&n 77series intake... What will make my truck loud and sound good?! (On a scale 1 being stock and 10 being strait pipes I would want a 7)... But I also want more hp and possibly better mph(i know I won't gain alot if any) but if u were in my position what exhaust would u get? (Under $800)...

Thanks guys please comment!
Old 09-27-2013, 11:20 PM

Default Please reply

Come on 63 veiws and nobody replyed... If you know anything on these 2 exoust please comment/reply...

Once again thank you!
Old 09-27-2013, 11:43 PM
Gold member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I can't say either way for flow, or magna. I went the ultra cheap route. Picked up a cherry bomb from Canadian tire for $50, cut out mystock muffler, and clamped it in myself. Took less than 2 hours, and im very happy with the results. Much deeper tone, very little drone. Minimal investment, more money to put elsewhere!
Old 10-01-2013, 04:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ford797
Hello I have a 2000 5.4 xlt f150... I want something the is loud and can hear good in cab... But something that also sounds good and with a deep tone I would like the supper 44s but they don't make a kit for my truck... Also would not want to get pulled over for being to loud... If I bought a 44 muffler what pipe should I get? (I want dual)... I am 16 and don't know much about trucks don't rip on me to hard but as it right now it's all stock besides a leveling kit and 31" all terrains.... I want exhaust and k&n 77series intake... What will make my truck loud and sound good?! (On a scale 1 being stock and 10 being strait pipes I would want a 7)... But I also want more hp and possibly better mph(i know I won't gain alot if any) but if u were in my position what exhaust would u get? (Under $800)... Thanks guys please comment!
H pipe, high flow cats, 11" magnapacks
Old 10-15-2013, 05:01 AM

Truthfully, I dont see the point of having really noisy exhaust. I mean u have to think about "will i be able to hear someone sitting next to me"? Having a little rumble is ok but loud for louds sake I dont get. Id personally take mojobandits advice, ,cheap but nice sounding, but hey thats me.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by PhxFordGuy
Truthfully, I dont see the point of having really noisy exhaust. I mean u have to think about "will i be able to hear someone sitting next to me"? Having a little rumble is ok but loud for louds sake I dont get. Id personally take mojobandits advice, ,cheap but nice sounding, but hey thats me.
well he didn't ask for a mellow tone exhaust. He wanted something loud and deep. The cherry bomb sounds cheap and whiney
Old 10-18-2013, 12:16 PM
SJP

Received 94 Likes on 90 Posts

Easy choice for me considering I can't stand any type of flowmaster. I have an 18" Magnaflow on my truck and love the way it sounds.
Old 10-19-2013, 12:47 PM
Gold member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Oattmeal
well he didn't ask for a mellow tone exhaust. He wanted something loud and deep. The cherry bomb sounds cheap and whiney
If the cherry bomb sounded cheap and whiney, it would have come off as quick as it went on. Mine sounds great, and I get compliments all tthe time. It's is much deeper and louder than stock. I will see if I can figure out how to make a utube vid to post so u can see for yyourself.
Old 10-19-2013, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by mojobandit
If the cherry bomb sounded cheap and whiney, it would have come off as quick as it went on. Mine sounds great, and I get compliments all tthe time. It's is much deeper and louder than stock. I will see if I can figure out how to make a utube vid to post so u can see for yyourself.
alright
Old 10-19-2013, 01:05 PM

Received 105 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Oattmeal
H pipe, high flow cats, 11" magnapacks
This is what I would go with. It will be plenty loud but not annoying loud like straight pipes. I'm personally not a fan of flowmaster, I think the sound is awful and they drone way to much.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 5.4 flowmaster 44 vs. magnaflows HELP