Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4 Camera DVR (Rydeen RDV360)

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 4 Camera DVR (Rydeen RDV360)

On 24 January 2014 I had the Rydeen RDV360 system installed in my 2013 F150 STX Super Cab. The RDV360 is a 4 camera DVR system with a Birdseye view using video stitching for parking assist.

http://www.rydeenmobile.com/360DVR/360DVR.html

The installer took nearly a full day to put in the system module and the 4 cameras plus alignment. I also had a rear view mirror monitor installed since my console/dash had no existing display.

I did not like the mirror display because it was very hard to see the video in the daylight. I was negotiating with the installer to get an alternate display. We were going to remove the mirror monitor and install a dash top mount 5" LCD display. However, it never came to that because of other issues.

http://www.qualitymobilevideo.com/top-5001.html

On the way home from having the DVR system installed my truck got a TIRE MONITOR SENSOR FAULT which had never occurred before. I immediately called the installer to report this new development. The installer assured me that nothing they did would be causing a tire sensor issue. I took their word for it and reluctantly chalked it up to coincidence.

A few days later I took the truck in for warranty service for the sensor fault. After 2 days of troubleshooting the Ford service department determined that the non-OEM DVR system was causing Radio Frequency Interference (RFI). Once they unplugged the DVR system the tire sensor faults cleared up. Since this was a non warrantable repair I was charged $294 for labor.

I promptly presented the DVR installer with my service bill and informed them that the DVR system was unplugged and needed to be fixed or removed. After the installer spent another 4 hours troubleshooting, the problem persists. Therefore, I am having them take it out for a full refund plus reimbursement of my $294 service bill from Ford.

Last edited by Kermit_III; 02-15-2014 at 01:55 PM.
Old 02-18-2014, 06:49 AM

Received 135 Likes on 110 Posts

What does the complete system cost that you purchased ???
The site doesn't list prices so it's pretty useless......

I'm actually pretty interested in one of these for my vehicle also.
Any pictures of the side camera install locations and other pictures of the install would be GREAT!!!

Last edited by CreepinDeth; 02-18-2014 at 06:52 AM.
Old 02-18-2014, 07:18 AM
"Lifted"

Received 223 Likes on 200 Posts

Interested also.. What state are you and the installer?? Wanna make sure i stay away from them.. Been looking for a system like this
Old 02-19-2014, 05:36 PM

I really screwed up but I was lucky to get my money back because the installer could not resolve the Tire Pressure Sensor Fault. Be it not for that problem I would have been stuck with the system.

Where I screwed up is that I didn't know the cost of the system before having it installed. I did know that the installer's price was $2000 installed plus another $300 for the rear view mirror display. It was a totally impulse purchase. $2455 for the DVR system, rear view mirror display, and installation tax included. What I didn't know at the time was that the MSRP for the DVR system is $800. I was charged $1200 to install a $800 product. That's 150% of the item price for installation!!! Had I known that I'd have said, HELL NO!!!

I'm really happy the system was removed and I got a full refund. Plus the installer reimbursed the $294 I had to pay the Ford service department to determine that the DVR system was causing the tire pressure sensor fault. Besides the TPMS issue there were a number of things I did not like about that DVR system.
1. Since the cameras were outside they were affected by road grime especially in wet conditions, the video would flare when residue got on the lenses.
2. The bird's eye video for parking was essentially useless.
3. No audio
4. The video files were saved in some sort of CCTV format (.264 file ext) that would not play on my PC, I finally found a file converter online that could convert the files to .avi that would play. However, it took around 30 minutes to convert one file.
5. Although playback in vehicle would let you switch between camera views during playback, playback on the PC was only all 4 views in the 4 quadrants of the display.
6. The video brightness was intermittent, one minute exposure was fine the next everything was overexposed.

Again, I feel extremely lucky that I got this system removed and all my money back. I have since ordered another dash cam system online that I'll install myself. It should arrive early next week. I'll gather some info on that system and post it in another reply. This one is long enough.
Old 10-27-2014, 08:53 PM

Received 165 Likes on 117 Posts

Old thread but glad you got it sorted OP.

I was recently looking at a couple of 360 degree "birdseye" view camera systems online. Mostly for the cool factor. Coupled with the Lock Pick in a screen equipped vehicle would be awesome. RF interference didn't even occur to me.

I also ran across this next-gen system currently in the works by Continental:

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/08/15/c...mera-3d-video/
Old 12-03-2014, 02:36 AM

Default Need better one? Come to Us!

Hi, we have a better 360 monitoring and DVR system. Instead of simple DRV, it can provide real-time monitoring in driving! You can see a bird's-eye video on the left of the monitor and image of each camera on the right any time! And the 4 camera display switch automatically according the driving.

And a better better price of course! Contact me at: ding@wingflora.com

Originally Posted by CreepinDeth
What does the complete system cost that you purchased ???
The site doesn't list prices so it's pretty useless......

I'm actually pretty interested in one of these for my vehicle also.
Any pictures of the side camera install locations and other pictures of the install would be GREAT!!!
Old 12-03-2014, 02:40 AM

Default 360 Around View Monitoring and DVR

Hi,
You can come to us! We have the system both for DVR and real-time monitoring in driving! There will be no blind points in your driving, you can see clearly what's around your car any time! And better better price! Easy installation! Contact us at:ding@wingflora.com

Originally Posted by kobayashi maru
Old thread but glad you got it sorted OP.

I was recently looking at a couple of 360 degree "birdseye" view camera systems online. Mostly for the cool factor. Coupled with the Lock Pick in a screen equipped vehicle would be awesome. RF interference didn't even occur to me.

I also ran across this next-gen system currently in the works by Continental:

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/08/15/c...mera-3d-video/

Quick Reply: 4 Camera DVR (Rydeen RDV360)