Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3 inch body lift?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 05:40 PM
Riding In The South

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 3 inch body lift?

Got a question im abou to buy a 3 inch body lift but do they usually come with a gas line extension ?
Old 11-19-2008, 06:09 PM

yes as long as you buy the kit brand new it will come with the pieces to extend the filler hose. It will come with everything necessary to bring the body up
Old 11-20-2008, 06:04 PM

I Have A Leveling Kit [2.5] ,and 34.5 Bfg All Terrains. I Have No Rubbing, But I Was Looking Into A Body Lift. I Believe Besides A Gas Fill Extension ,i Think U Need Some Thing For The Steering Also. If U Find Some Thing Out Write Back.thank U.........................
Old 11-20-2008, 06:57 PM
American Pride!!

I installed one on my 96, I didnt need fuel filler hoses or anything. The kit came with steering extension, radiator shroud lowering kit, and all the other parts needed to do the job. I was worry that it would be missing something but I didnt have to extend anything but the steering. I went ahead and ordered the fender guards and back bumper guard and im glad I did it. Oh yes, it did come with a front bumper bracket also to enable the lifting of the front bumper. Everone kept telling me to buy a good kit but honestly I coulnt find one that was different for my truck so I went with the cheapest, hell most of them was same brand but from different sites and alot of times have a 100.00 dollar differnce. So look around and do some readin it will be worth, atleast it was in my case. Hope it helps
Old 11-20-2008, 09:58 PM
Riding In The South

yea i have looked around and none of them say they come with the filler hose extension but my buddy said they do they just dont say a 3 inch body with front and rear bumper brackets and steering extention i found 210 and its by performance accersories so i think im goign to go with that one the main reason i want it is because i 35 inch mud terrains on my truck now and i dont rub but i want to lower my tortion keys down some so i do put so much stress on my front end components you know thanks guys
Old 11-20-2008, 10:00 PM
Riding In The South

Originally Posted by swampfishin
I installed one on my 96, I didnt need fuel filler hoses or anything. The kit came with steering extension, radiator shroud lowering kit, and all the other parts needed to do the job. I was worry that it would be missing something but I didnt have to extend anything but the steering. I went ahead and ordered the fender guards and back bumper guard and im glad I did it. Oh yes, it did come with a front bumper bracket also to enable the lifting of the front bumper. Everone kept telling me to buy a good kit but honestly I coulnt find one that was different for my truck so I went with the cheapest, hell most of them was same brand but from different sites and alot of times have a 100.00 dollar differnce. So look around and do some readin it will be worth, atleast it was in my case. Hope it helps
got a question how hard was it to put the steering extension on and how did you
Old 11-20-2008, 10:24 PM
Bleeds FORD Blue

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cant remember how you do the steering extension but i dont think it was that hard, the instructions say....as far as fuel extension hose....ummm, i had to get an even longer one than the one they included.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:27 PM
Riding In The South

Originally Posted by cole_ford
cant remember how you do the steering extension but i dont think it was that hard, the instructions say....as far as fuel extension hose....ummm, i had to get an even longer one than the one they included.
where did you buy your kit from and how much was the hose
Old 11-21-2008, 08:03 AM
Bleeds FORD Blue

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i bought the kit off of ebay for around 130. And the hose was cheap. I just went to a surplus center and bought a chunk that was 4 inches longer than the factory one, just to make sure it would fit. But the body lift came with everything I needed minus the long enough hose and tools. Oh and mounting brackets for my grill guard.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:20 PM
American Pride!!

My kit was a performance excessories also and it was around 130. The steering extension was the easiest thing to do of the whole job. The couplin on mine was inside cab underneath console and just loosen bolt and it came right apart and then slid extension in. None of the kits that I looked at offered rear bumper lift brakets but I do believe thats because most people leave them the same heigth because of reese hitches etc.. So I bought a bumper guard, its a black piece of rubber that feels the gap between your back bumper and tailgate. It sounds chicken**** and I thought it was when I got it ought of the box but after I installed it actually looks real good. Same with fender guards, they keep all the mud and crap from gettin all over the engine and fuel tanks in the back.

Quick Reply: 3 inch body lift?