Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 F-150 5.0 and CAI

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 01:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 F-150 5.0 and CAI

Hey all,

I dropped in a CAI in my truck at approx 6500 KM (Currently at 8000 KM)to replace the stock one.
Went in smoothly and truck is running great. Recently I have been educating myself more on these and have learned F150's used to run very lean from the factory and putting a CAI without a tune could make you run dangerously lean without even throwing CEL lights.
All the information I could find was on trucks pre 2010 regarding this issue and not any of the newer trucks if they are afffected the same way.

I have the 2016 and am now worried about it as I spent quite a bit on the truck. I have no lights or problems with how it is running but I read you could be running dangerously lean without even knowing/having CEL lights light up.

My quesiton to all of you is this still an issue with a 2016 5.0 V8? Can the ECU still not compensate and are they stlil really lean ?

There is no tune on this truck and this is the only mod.
I'm sorry if this has been asked but I have seen nothing on this specific quesiton for this make and model.

Thank you.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:32 AM

Received 116 Likes on 87 Posts

Not sure which one you used but the one sold by Roush specifically says that no PCM recalibration is required.