Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 f150 ecoboost

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 08:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 f150 ecoboost

Alrighty guys, I need your help. I'm looking at doing some work to my truck. Would like to hear suggestions. I'm interested in mainly exhausts. So anything you could help with would be great. Also, interested and hearing thoughts about other add ons such as air intake and etc.
Old 04-13-2015, 03:23 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well the number one thing I did for exhausts was youtube. Dont expect a V8 growl from an ecoboost. Since I am used to a V8 growl I decided to stick with the stock exhaust and mod that last if at all.

As far as intake I am currently running an AEM dry drop in filter and will eventually upgrade to the AFE stage 2 CAI just for looks really.

It all depends on if you want to have a fast truck or a badass lifted truck because that will make the mods easier to pick out. Good luck with your modding.
Old 04-14-2015, 06:43 PM

Default Fast

Basically looking for a faster stronger truck. Wouldn't mind helping out mpg a bit either.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:48 AM

Default Roush exhaust

I just installed the Roush exhaust on my 2014 ecoboost and very disappointed. The kit is excellent and very easy to install. Issue is no low down power and or torque to pull away. Takes getting on throttle to make truck go! At 70 mph feels great and breaths much better. Sound is great! I went a step further and put back the stock resonator on at flange and it quietened sound down and sounds much better but never helped with the loss of back pressure and or power
Old 04-16-2015, 10:31 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dlipp88
Basically looking for a faster stronger truck. Wouldn't mind helping out mpg a bit either.
If you want to go fast than having good MPG is not an option haha. But check out the Full Race F150 Ecoboost build to get some ideas. They have package performance upgrades on there site too so you can dump a bunch of go fast parts in your truck if your wallet can take the beating.
Old 04-16-2015, 12:03 PM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

You can actually make an ecoboost sound pretty good with a cat back and a down pipe. Doing the downpipe makes the turbo whine come to life, it's very pronounced. I'm running the AFE downpipe and the 4" MBRP cat back. It has a very deep note. Several people have asked me if I've turbo'd a 5.0L when they've heard it. You'll have to run a custom tune with a downpipe. But the tune alone will do more for your power and speed than anything else. Stage3motorsports has some very well put together performance packages you could check out. Good luck with your build!
Old 04-16-2015, 05:48 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Is there such a thing as a better exhaust without all the added sound? Running 5* tunes and would love to make it breath better but hate the sound of a piped V6. I like the eco silent mode while wheelie-ing past everyone...
Old 04-16-2015, 06:02 PM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by taxgod4u
Is there such a thing as a better exhaust without all the added sound? Running 5* tunes and would love to make it breath better but hate the sound of a piped V6. I like the eco silent mode while wheelie-ing past veryone...
You should look up some vids of guys running just a downpipe to a stock cat back. Close to as quiet as stock but a lot more turbo whine. The stock downpipe is probably the most restrictive piece on our trucks. It'll definitely help in the performance department.
Old 04-17-2015, 04:02 PM
F150 Forum

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Dlipp88
Keeping the valves clean with a direct injection engine is critical, you can lose about 1-2 mpg and 20 torque with severe carbon build up at just 8-9k miles. We have been doing walnut shell media blasts on valves on EcoBoost with fairly low miles before installing our kits. If you haven't considered a catch can system, check out some of the threads here and on other F150 forums or give me a call anytime. Install is simple and Ford dealers around the country are on board.

We've got some great videos on the subject on our site and YouTube channel. The system will also prevent the moisture accumulation in the CAC (intercooler) which can throw the truck into limp mode on some EB's. Not all but there are quite a few that have experienced this.
Old 04-17-2015, 04:51 PM

Received 168 Likes on 118 Posts

Corsa dB w/ resonator delete
I've had it for about 6 months and I'm pretty happy with it. 0 drone and more turbo whistle. I purchased through Stage 3 which is a vendor on this site

Quick Reply: 2014 f150 ecoboost