Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 F150 Supercrew LED Courtesy Lights **HOW TO GUIDE**

Old 09-22-2016, 10:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2013 F150 Supercrew LED Courtesy Lights **HOW TO GUIDE**

I thought I'd share my experience and installation of LED Courtesy lights on my 2013 F150 Supercrew.

First I found the connections to use in another thread, thanks to this community I didn't have to probe or spend a ton of time on that!

I'll give a basic run through in text here and then pictures of it below. I tapped into the passenger side GREEN plug. The two wires your looking for in the GREEN PLUG on the PASSENGER side under the kick panels near the glovebox are the GRAY with PURPLE stripe and the BLACK wires.

Tap those, prope for polarity (I can't remember which was what). I Used a great Bluetooth controller for colors and features. I tried some of the cheap ones and they just didn't do it for me. Wierd issues, strange fading, wouldn't hold color etc...etc... I was very happy with this one on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Plug these two wires into the + AND - of the controller. You'll need some LED's I used the SM5050 RGB ones here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 The included controller here didn't work for this installation very well....but work fine when you use the remote to turn on and off (I use it in the backyard patio setup) But when power was cut from car to it I wasn't getting good results. You can buy a strip without the controller for about $5 less I think.

I rigged up a harness using extra 4 pin wire and 4 pin plugs. However you want you'll need to hook up the 4 pins on the LEDS to the 4 pins RGB+ on the controller.

I ended up screwing a silver Phillips head into the plastic mount so the controller wouldn't bang around once all put back together.

All and all I'm very happy so far. I can change the color via my phone (android and iOS apps both available) for different occasions and seasons or moods...lol. The controller is able to do MUSIC but since they are hooked up in courtesy mode that doesn't help....however if you wanted them as ambient lights it could be pretty cool. See other threads for those hookups.

If you have questions let me know, I am only on here every now and then. I'm a newbie to the forums and am loving my 2013 truck that I just got a few weeks ago!

Here are the photos...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2013 F150 Supercrew LED Courtesy Lights **HOW TO GUIDE**