Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 fx4 intercooler upgrade or CAI to start?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 01:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 fx4 intercooler upgrade or CAI to start?

Hello all,

I just purchased my 2nd ecoboost and i am looking to do some modifications and would like everyones advice. I drive 1,200 miles a week and anything to help my mpg would help. I know all mods I want wont help MPG. Im currently getting 15.1 at 75 mph on cruise control from east Texas to west Texas. My last ecoboost did the same trip pulling 16.7-17 mpg. I am about to pull the trigger on a livernois tune and AFE stage 2 intake with the pro dry filters. would it benefit me to upgrade the intercooler and charge pipe before the intake? Or should I run the intake and intercooler tubes from afe? do the upgraded intercooler pipes or charge pipe really even add much of anything noticeable for the price spent? Also, I just ordered the direct replacement TIAL BOV's. If I were to do an intercooler upgrade which has a spot for an aftermarket BOV, what would i do with the replacements i installed? I'm new to all of this so please don't be to harsh if there is something that I am not understanding here.
Old 01-25-2015, 07:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never get a response on this damn site. Thanks everyone!

Quick Reply: 2011 fx4 intercooler upgrade or CAI to start?